scrollsawing Re: Harbor Freight Scroll Saw #93012

  • lrudd70
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 1, 2013
      Bud,
      It turned out OK.

      In February 2013 I posted this original inquiry, post #20769, asking for advice regarding buying the saw for a one job need.

      There was mixed response, probably because I was unable to clearly define my needs at that time. I needed a scroll saw to make internal cuts in 1/8"– 3/8" thick Baltic birch panels for fabricating the frame and gears for a clock, also for scroll sanding those same parts. I do not need to do any fretwork or beveled cuts.

      I bought the HF saw because it seemed that it should do what I needed at about 1/10th the cost of a relatively good saw. Of course I would not recommend this saw for one who has the means to buy a good saw, or intends to use the saw heavily, but it did work for me for the one job.

      I have placed a file in the files section entitled "HF-scroll-saw.pdf" for members that might be considering a cheap light duty saw for occasional use. The file shows what type of cuts I needed to make and what I did to make the saw work for me.

      Larry Rudd

      --- In scrollsawing@yahoogroups.com, Bud Johnson <bonitabud1@...> wrote:

      > please let us know how this project turns out

    • Daniel Lynch
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 3, 2013
        Just and FYI I got a post card from HF they are no longer selling that saw the Factory is no longer making it.

        Daniel

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 4, 2013
          Daniel,
          They do the oddest things.
          I just checked on line and it is still available there.
          Larry

          --- In scrollsawing@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Lynch <daniellynch555@...> wrote:

          > Just and FYI I got a post card from HF they are no longer selling that saw the Factory is no longer making it.
          >
          > Daniel

        • Daniel Lynch
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 4, 2013
            Larry thats funny. Thats ok when I get back to Calif I going to break out my old craftsman until I buy a new Porter Cable. My goal is a Dewalt for Christmas.

            Daniel