Re: Breakout when scrolling 3 layers

  • Lloyd Collins
    Message 1 of 37 , May 3, 2013
      I have also had problem with tear-out with plywood I bought at Lowes and
      Home Depot. The problem is that the glue used and the thin surface
      layers are low quality and not good for much of anything smaller that a
      couple of inches wide. Even then the top plys will flake until a good
      finish is applied. This seems to "glue" the plys down.
      Have him contact a local maker of quality cabinets to ask for scraps
      from their process. They will often have pieces large enough to use and
      the quality of their wood is far superior since their reputations depend
      on it.
    • Karl Aibling
      Message 37 of 37 , May 10, 2013
        All:

        Be advised that I continue to forward all of this incredible information and help to my scrollsawing brother.  I never cease to be amazed at those willing to help a fellow hobbyist!

        I belong to a few other Yahoo Groups involving my ham radio hobby.  I've recently tried to imagine getting along without the available information via the Internet, rather it be help with a problem or simply researching, and I simply can't get my head wrapped around it!

        Thanks again to you all.

        Karl