My Puzzles

  • Carter
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      I've been cutting freehand, color-line-cut jigsaw puzzles for 20 years and have never set up an album of pictures for this forum. So.....

      Take a look at this year's puzzles in the photo album titled Carter's Puzzles. If you click on them you can get an enlargement that will show the pieces better.

      I've never used a pattern for a jigsaw puzzle and frankly don't know why anyone would need one. I deliberately select calendar and other pictures that have lots of colors and images within them that I can cut as borders of pieces. Each picture is mounted on 1/4" poplar or other plywood, measures roughly a square foot in size and contains more than 200 pieces.

      Also, all our Christmas cards are puzzles and have been for 16 years. I have 30 done for 2013 and plan on making ten per month through mid-October.

      Hope you enjoy them. If anyone is interested in trying this, let me know and I'm happy to help. Your comments are more than welcomed.

      Carter