Pattern Maker Job Offer

  • kenaustin60
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2012
      Hello to all,
      I want to make an offer to a few good scroll saw portrait pattern makers in the group. I scroll saw portraits but need some folks to make my patterns for me and I am willing to pay for your time and efforts. Anyone interested should email me asap, as I want to make a decision soon. My finished products are 8.5"x11". For most of the portraits, I will be taking the photos at 3264x2448 pixels. Photos given to me are scanned at 4800dpi. So I try to make manipulation as easy as I possibly can.
      My requirements are: 1)quality work. (No floating pieces please)I want to give my customers quality products.
      2)Friendly and timely service. Most patterns can be completed in 1 hour or less.
      That is all I ask. To start, the pay is $10/pattern. I will send checks out on the 3rd of each month.
      These patterns are "head" shots so backgrounds will need to be removed. If you have any questions or can email some samples of your patterns, please do not hesitate to contact me. I read my email everyday. If you need some pictures to practice on, I can email them to you. Thank you, Ken Austin
    • Karl Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2012
        Thanks for the opportunity.
        Please be a little more detailed in what you want. Are you looking for patterns to sell or a completed fretwork piece to sell.

        Most pattern designers know that to make a great quality pattern, it takes more than an hour to complete. Some of my patterns have taken over 10 hours or more to design and rework. Don't get me wrong, a pattern can be made in an hour but, in my opinion, a quality pattern takes longer.

        Although many patterns are made in the bitmap mode, a fineline pattern is more desirable and easier to cut.

        Please send me an example of what you have in mind and I will give it a shot. You can see some of my 'pic to pattern' examples at www.scrollsawvideo.com

        Karl Taylor

        Tayco Designs
        Custom Scrollsaw and Fretwork

        WWW.TRIVIAFORYOU.COM
        WWW.SCROLLSAWVIDEO.COM
        WWW.PUZZLESOFWOOD.COM

        > To: scrollsawing@yahoogroups.com
        > From: kaustin60@...
        > Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 01:31:58 +0000
        > Subject: scrollsawing Pattern Maker Job Offer
        >
        > Hello to all,
        > I want to make an offer to a few good scroll saw portrait pattern makers in the group. I scroll saw portraits but need some folks to make my patterns for me and I am willing to pay for your time and efforts. Anyone interested should email me asap, as I want to make a decision soon. My finished products are 8.5"x11". For most of the portraits, I will be taking the photos at 3264x2448 pixels. Photos given to me are scanned at 4800dpi. So I try to make manipulation as easy as I possibly can.
        > My requirements are: 1)quality work. (No floating pieces please)I want to give my customers quality products.
        > 2)Friendly and timely service. Most patterns can be completed in 1 hour or less.
        > That is all I ask. To start, the pay is $10/pattern. I will send checks out on the 3rd of each month.
        > These patterns are "head" shots so backgrounds will need to be removed. If you have any questions or can email some samples of your patterns, please do not hesitate to contact me. I read my email everyday. If you need some pictures to practice on, I can email them to you. Thank you, Ken Austin

      • Jennifer Carriere