Re: scrollsawing Re: Hawk G426

  • Stephen Blakley
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2011
      I too have/had a similar problem Russell and have the same configuration on the
      cam that you do. My problem is/was exactly what you said AND when the saw
      is/was running, the top blade holder pops loose. I have resolved the problem by
      doing one or some of the following:

      1) MAKE SURE YOUR BLADE IS VERTICLE. If it is tilted to the front or back you
      may not be getting set screw to hold it properly.
      2) Since I did not like the inside set screw configuration, (its a bit rounded
      at the end), I purchased from Home Depot, a new one that is flatter on the end,
      giving more hold space.
      3) Tighten the tension holder by hand and then use the allen wrench to give it a
      bit more.

      4) Although I use the basic guidelines to get the right tension, I always revert
      back to the "c" not tone when plucking the blade. Check out Steve Goods free
      website at
      http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/01/scroll-saw-blade-tension-software.html
      . Go to the bottom of the page and you will see "Scroll Saw Tension
      Software". Or just google "C note sounds".
      5) When sawing, push your wood through slow.
      6) When reinstalling a new blade make sure the blade is in the same depth
      position as the other one. (I bottom out the blades in both the upper and lower
      blade holders.)

      Hope this helps.....let me know.....