Re: scrollsawing Best scroll saw

  • Moggio David
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2011
      Hi all. I just want to say that I do use a 16" Craftsman. It is a good beginner
      saw but there are many things I don't like about it. If you aren't going to be
      doing a lot of cutting it's fine. I have been doing Christmas ornaments, wall
      hangings, and odds and ends without a problem using it. I will agree that you
      have to check for the blade being square but I have found it takes one or two
      times at most to do this, I also don't cut at angles. I am truly still a
      beginner and do hope to go to a saw I would prefer but at this time the
      Craftsman works well for me. I only do about 5-6 projects as time constraints
      and lack of work area are prime reasons.

      Dave M
      Ma

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 29, 2011
        Hey Tom....did Volker (?) ever come out with another disk of his work. I
        purchased one from you a few years ago....

      • Pat Holtwick
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
          I used to use the Craftsman 16" at the beginning (1998 -2002), and then I out surpassed its quality. Started making very intricuit works and doing allot of fretwork and silhouette portraits. That machine just couldn't 'cut it' (a pun?).

          So, my husband bought me the RBI Hawk (220) model back in 2003 and it really is a great machine!

          Pat Holtwick

          To: scrollsawing@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
            Yes, there are new patterns. I turned over sales of Volker's patterns to my
            son-in-law, an avid scroller.

            Contact him at: "Kyle Sheffer" <woodyoubelieveshop@...>,

            Tom Sevy

            [][]