Blade Holder Problem Craftsman 16 '

  • apmasslofsky
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 5:11 AM
      Hi,
      I'm an amateur scrollsawer having a problem with a 5 year old saw. I
      can't keep small pinless blades in the grips. Larger blades, 5-9 hold
      ok but smaller ones slip out. I tried to replace the mechanism but
      there is no replacement part according to the folks at Sears. Any ideas
      how I can fix this? Thanks, Andy
    • Willis Woodwyk
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2 1:07 PM
        First try taking the clamp apart and cleaning with something like lighter fluid or something
        that will de-solve oil, when the blades are made they use oil to cool them during the process
        . Also use fine sandpaper on the ends of the blades to clean any gunk off them.

        Woody
        --- In scrollsawing@yahoogroups.com, "apmasslofsky" <apmasslofsky@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I'm an amateur scrollsawer having a problem with a 5 year old saw. I
        > can't keep small pinless blades in the grips. Larger blades, 5-9 hold
        > ok but smaller ones slip out. I tried to replace the mechanism but
        > there is no replacement part according to the folks at Sears. Any ideas
        > how I can fix this? Thanks, Andy

      • G.A.She
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6 1:35 AM
          I ended up replacing the allen screws that actually open and close the
          blade holder.They are an odd size and have to be ordered through Sears.
          the originals were worn and wouldn't tighten down enough to grip my
          0/2 spirals. I still have trouble with the new spiral "flate end"
          blades. But most others are fine.