Re: scrollsawing dewalt 788 20' SAW

  • Norm Nichols
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2008
      There is nothing in the DeWalt manual about converting the motor to 220V. I have been using a DeWalt for 5 years and have never seen anything about this subject.

      Norm Nichols

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2008
        why not go to the source and ask dewalt I;m sure they can answer all
        your questions.
        chipcarver
      • shomaker1
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
          Hi Chipcarver

          I have tried to contact Dewalt here in Asia and the only one I could get
          a answer from was telling me how good the saw was and they just avoided
          the questions asked. I work here in Mainland China and to get simple
          answers is very difficult to check anything. The area I am has no phone
          books and no 1-800 numbers to call. I will being going back to the USA
          in a week are so will for sure check with Dewalt people there and I am
          sure can get the answers. I found a Dewalt dealer in INDONSIA and really
          dont know if can trust or not hear they will tell you anything just to
          sell you . Thanks Stan
          --- In scrollsawing@yahoogroups.com, "chipcaver" <chipcaver@...> wrote:

          > why not go to the source and ask dewalt I;m sure they can answer all
          > your questions.
          > chipcarver

        • thissone1
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
            Ok after an extensive conversation with DeWalt on the telephone I have
            come to the following conclusion If you purchase a 788 in the states
            it will be set up for 110v 60hz and if you bought the 788 in mainland
            china it will be set up for 220v 50hz, now that being said DeWalt does
            not endorse trying to adapt between the voltages. Therefore if you
            purchase the saw in china it wont work in the states and if you buy it
            in the states it wont work in china. I own a DeWalt 788 myself and
            considering the fact that I have used a RBI, PS woodworks, hawk,
            hegner, excaliber, delta and a rigid, which saw would i choose to use
            in china and which would i use here in the states? I would be buying
            Two DeWalt's one 110v and one 220v, but that is just my opinion and my
            sickness (to woodworking).
          • shomaker1
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
              Hi Thissom1

              Thanks for your email this has answered many of the questions i have
              posted here on this chat site. Yes I thought the same but you are in
              the USA and thanks for checking for me an others in this group. As I
              have said here you just cant pick up the phone and call to get answers
              no phone books and if you find a company for a product no one speaks
              english. So thanks again for checking. stan mashek shomaker1
              @...