Re: scrollsawing Tennis Elbow/Wrist

  • MrBinNY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
      I reele njoy the letters ritten by Evie....Keep up the good work Evie....I
      love challenges..

      Dick

    • minowevie@wmconnect.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
        thanks alot Dick , that just maid my day. :) Evie

      • Tom Sevy
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
          Constant tension on any part of the body will result in injury. Certainly
          pushng wood into the blade, or holding the wood so it will not jump up and
          down, will injure if you do it long enough and often enough. Can also cause
          carpal tunnel damage.

          All of us would be well advised to stop and relax our hands, wrists and
          forearms at least every 10-15 minutes of sawing.

          Tom Sevy in Salt Lake

          PS: I had carpal tunnel surgery about 12 years ago. The surgeon said it was
          probably a combination of scrolling, typing and riding a motorcycle.
        • jim warner
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2005
            --- In scrollsawing@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Sevy" <sevy99@m...> wrote:
            >I can personally second what tom said about carpal tunnel
            damage, about a month and a half ago i ended up with it myself.
            I expect it was caused by the pressure of holding what ever was
            was being cut at the moment down. As the first thing that went
            when i got the saw was the pressure foot. It is sure making
            cutting interesting wearing a wrist brace on my left hand.

            As for the origional question i just retired from driving
            a wheelchair van for ten years and never heard of anyone
            developing tendonitis from doing so.

            Jim
            > Constant tension on any part of the body will result in injury.
            Certainly
            > pushng wood into the blade, or holding the wood so it will not jump
            up and
            > down, will injure if you do it long enough and often enough. Can
            also cause
            > carpal tunnel damage.
            >
            > All of us would be well advised to stop and relax our hands, wrists
            and
            > forearms at least every 10-15 minutes of sawing.
            >
            > Tom Sevy in Salt Lake
            >
            > PS: I had carpal tunnel surgery about 12 years ago. The surgeon
            said it was
            > probably a combination of scrolling, typing and riding a motorcycle.

          • Vickie Walls
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 12, 2005
              Aren't those called Wrist-eze or something like that.
              I think most craft stores have them as well.
              Vickie

              minowevie@... wrote: Hi Jim , yes i do have a problem in my left rist an thum area, but not from
              scrolling. but scrolling can cause this too. so i were a glove, can't remmeber
              the name of it but , you can get one in almost any drug store. your finguers
              are free, also your thum. it rely helps my hand. for lots of stuff. hope this
              helps evie.ps its made of some kindof strechy stuff , very thin, an hardly
              notice abale.

              Yahoo! Groups Links