Re: scrollsawing Re: hello group im looking for help

  • Stephen Bigelow
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
      Can you really say that with a straight face?

      Come on, Sears definitely has the *worst* scrolling blades I have ever
      used. Total waste of time and money, not to mention that they are
      overpriced to begin with.

      Try the Flying Dutchman
      http://www.mikesworkshop.com

      Regards,

      -Steve in Aloha (Portland), OR
      http://woodworking.bigelowsite.com

      On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, scrollsawworks@... <scrollsawworks@...> wrote:

      > try sears that where I get all my blades I have tried other stores
      > and some I have order off the web but sears it the best
    • Barefoot N Sawdust
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2003
        AGREED!
        Sears isn't worth the price. (Neither is Vermont American from the hardware store).
        I vote Flying Dutchman in a heartbeat! Great prices, especially by the gross, less brittle than the rest, and sharper longer.
        Plus Mike gives great service and knows what blades to recommend for your projects. Sears hasn't a bloody clue, and won't give you
        the personal service that Mike will. mike@...
        Betcha don't have an email address for an exclusively scroll saw blade expert at Sears.

        Can you really say that with a straight face?

        Come on, Sears definitely has the *worst* scrolling blades I have ever
        used. Total waste of time and money, not to mention that they are
        overpriced to begin with.

        Try the Flying Dutchman
        http://www.mikesworkshop.com

        Regards,

        -Steve in Aloha (Portland), OR
        http://woodworking.bigelowsite.com

        On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, scrollsawworks@... <scrollsawworks@...> wrote:

        > try sears that where I get all my blades I have tried other stores
        > and some I have order off the web but sears it the best

      • John Hower
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2003
          At 05:53 AM 2/1/03 -0600, you wrote:
          >Betcha don't have an email address for an exclusively scroll saw blade
          >expert at Sears.

          Expert and Sears are words that don't belong together...

          I agree with the recommendation to buy from Mike. You won't go wrong there.

          John

        • Tutor
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2003
            Another person to say contact mike at:

            http://www.mikesworkshop.com/

            His phone number is on the website and so far he hasn't told me not to call (he
            must be into punishment lol). From SD where he is to my house (in the middle of
            the Ozark sticks)I have blades within 2 days normally. I would suggest
            purchasing his assortment pack to get a feel for different blade types.

            I'm a newbie... very newbie... deciding on the blades you like will be a matter
            of a couple of different things: Thickness and type of wood being a biggie,
            that will determine the size of blade. I have found I like the #1 and #3
            reverse blades from Flying dutchman, I'm cutting 1/8" blatic birch plywood.

            I recently purchased spiral blades (of course from the dutchman) which I feel
            I'll like even better, but haven't gotten to use them except for about 5
            minutes (because of family thingys going on). You'll hear a lot of pro's and
            con's about spiral blades, it seems ppl either love them or hate them while
            still others look at them as a tool and don't "feel" either way ( I see this as
            a rareity).

            As mike the dutchman for a couple of samples, or give him a call and ask him
            for his advise he'll (I'm sure) help you decide.

            Tutor

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • Gary <littlegeneral_39355@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2003
              Sears isn't worth %$#@!*&^&^ when it comes to Scroll Saws or Scroll
              Saw blades.I owned a sears top of the line saw for awhile then I got
              my computer and found out that there where some good saws and great
              saws out there.I now own a DEWALT 788 man what a difference.If you
              want junk blades sears is the place and if you want quilty then
              Flying dutchman is your man.You won't be disappointed.

              --- In scrollsawing@yahoogroups.com, "scrollsawworks@y...
              <scrollsawworks@y...>" <scrollsawworks@y...> wrote:

              > try sears that where I get all my blades I have tried other stores
              > and some I have order off the web but sears it the best
              >

              > --- In scrollsawing@yahoogroups.com, "johnj330 <johnathon68@a...>"
              > <johnathon68@a...> wrote:
              > > hello i have a 16" makita sroll saw and a 7 1/2" rand band saw.im
              > > trying to find somewhere i can buy GOOOOOOOD blades for
              > them..thanks
              > > for any help john
            • J.C. Bowden

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 3, 2003
                  I'm here in Springfield also (must be something in the water).
                  There is another user in a different group (unless they
                  are also on this one), in town also.
                  16 years huh??? lol I'm not even worthy to be chatting to ya lol
                  You've seen more splinters than I've seen blades :p
                  Tutor

                  http://mailplus.yahoo.com