21105Re: scrollsawing buying a used scroll saw

  • cr wilks
    Oct 22, 2013
      I bought a hegner in 1986 and am still using it today. I have put 3 off/on switches in it but the cast iron frame has never rusted and it is light weight enough to move. New ones are expensive but having had mine so long, i would say the money is worth it. The new ones have different blade changing styles but you can still get replacement clamps for the old ones if you need them. Iv'e tried other saws but keep going back. Spoiled on my part but I like it!

      On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:47 AM, "chuckflanagan@..." <chuckflanagan@...> wrote:

      Hi

      I bought a Hawk 22 vs for 400 and have loved it.  I looked at craigslist in my local area and found some used Hegners for 799 but found a new 226 vs for 475.

      From: dwssr2
      Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2013 4:10 AM
      Subject: scrollsawing buying a used scroll saw

      hi,,,i  have a little experience with an old delta homecraft scroll saw, it works fine for some very simple projects, but I don't think I could begin to do fine work especially inside cuts.  I am sure this was discussed before but this new group format makes it hard to search old post.  would a used rbi scroll saw be worth buying?  say for $400 or less?  also what about the hegner look a likes?  any other manufactures recommended?  thank you dan in PA

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic