Metropolitan Social Club - NYC

  • msc_nyc
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22 1:32 PM
      Artists, musicians, intellectuals, politicos...

      Are you seeking a new outlet for your creative energy? Do you want a
      more diverse and enriching social experience? Would you like to be
      inspired by the people around you?

      The Metropolitan Social Club is a new organization created
      specifically to address these and other issues for New York City
      residents who aspire to something greater in life. No matter what
      your age or background, you can benefit from (and contribute to) our
      organization. Fundamentally, the MSC is a meeting of minds: a series
      of informal gatherings around the community designed to foster
      friendship, promote the cross-pollination of ideas, and provide
      mutual support for our creative, professional and personal endeavors.

      Meetings are held twice monthly (usually in bars/coffee shops around
      the Village), cost nothing to get in, and are intended to bring
      together members, prospectives and their friends for a bit of fun and
      lively conversation. Membership is also free, but subject to certain
      requirements (e.g. a short probationary period, and the applicant
      must provide a service to the organization, such as a seminar,
      performance, etc.). Although our fledgling organization is small, we
      are mindful (and hopeful!) of the contributions that a few
      determined, passionate individuals can make to each other's lives and
      to the community.

      If you would like more information about our next meeting (March 6th,
      from 7-10 pm at the Peculier Pub on Bleecker Street) or would like to
      be added to our low-volume mailing list, please e-mail Dave at
      msc_nyc@.... Other chapters are currently in the works (Boston,
      Providence, and Chicago) so keep your ears open!
    • msc_nyc
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2002
        Artists, musicians, intellectuals, politicosÂ….

        Are you seeking a new outlet for your creative energy? Do you want a
        more diverse and enriching social experience? Would you like to be
        inspired by the people around you?

        The Metropolitan Social Club is a national organization created
        specifically to address these and other issues for individuals who
        aspire to something greater in life. With established chapters in
        New York City, Philadelphia & Los Angeles (and others being planned
        in Boston and SF), the MSC has become a major social outlet for the
        nation's artistic and intellectual community. Fundamentally, the MSC
        is a meeting of minds: a series of informal gatherings around the
        community designed to foster friendship, promote the cross-
        pollination of ideas, and provide mutual support for our creative,
        professional and personal endeavors. Meetings are held twice monthly
        (usually in bars/coffee shops), cost nothing to get in, and are
        intended to bring together members, prospectives and their friends
        for a bit of fun and lively conversation.

        If you would like more information about our next New York City
        meeting (Wed March 27th, location TBA) or would like to be added to
        our low-volume mailing list, please e-mail Dave at msc_nyc@....