1 Year Ago Aug 6th.

  • Rosie
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hello Everyone,

      This is Rosie and I am just wanting to let you all know that the 1 yr
      anniversary of my dearly departed husband Dale is coming soon, its on
      the 6th of August to be exact and I am trying very hard to stay
      strong. I am so glad to be apart of this wonderful group through out
      this trying year, all of your thoughts and prayers has made it easier
      for me to deal with his death, and my kids and I just want to say
      thank you all so very much. I have decided to go back to work and to
      reconstruct ourlives as I know he would of wanted us too, and it has
      teken me a year to realize that he would have wanted it this way.
      But I am doing the best that I can and trying to take each day with
      prayers and memories that my husband Dale died what he loved doing
      best, "his job". Being the Soldier that everyone can be proud of. I
      miss him more that anyone can imagine and as I am writing this I
      still have falling Tears. But these are tears of proudness that I had
      a husband that is my HERO and I couldnt of asked for a better husband
      and I will never find a man like him, not that I want to anyway. But
      I am just letting you all know that you all have been great to me and
      my kids and we are so very grateful. I will be putting a memorial in
      the Leaf Chronical for the 6th of August for every one to see that my
      husband is truely an AMERICAN HERO.

      Well I hope all is well with everyone and all I ask is that you
      continue to pray for me and my family. He is buried at the Riverview
      Cemetary in Clarksville if any one wanted to visit him. I will there
      on Friday the 6th after I get off of work, but i welcome anyone to go
      and visit him if they so chose too.

      Well thanks for everything and I hope that any of you that have
      family or friends in the service that they are all safe and that no
      one will ever have to endure this pain that I have endured.

      Take care all....

      Love

      Rosie Simmons
      (Proud Wife of SGT. Leonard Dale Simmons)
    • livingcreed2002
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
        Rosie,
        I do think of you often and are glad you post to let us know how you
        are doing. I see that you were up at quite early........I know you
        have a LOT on your mind and many decisions to make. I'll be praying
        for you and your children. I'm looking forward to reading your post
        about Dales' memorial in The Leaf Chronicle. Sincerely Praying For
        All Whom Serve, Maureen (Spc Charles' 101st Mommoo):--- In
        screamingeaglesiniraq2@yahoogroups.com, "Rosie" <rctcrt69@y...>

      • Sandie Frantz
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
          Rosie:
          I am new to this group but noticed your post regarding August 6th.
          I, too, lost my husband of 18 years 15 months ago so I understand
          your pain and the emotions you are going through.
          Although the passage of time doesn't make it better it does some home
          make it more tolerable.
          If you ever need to "talk" please feel free to e-mail.

          Sandie Frantz
        • golden1girl59
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
            Rosie, it is always great to hear you are doing ok. I can't imagine
            what you have been through this last year. But just from your
            wonderful notes, I have the feeling that Dale was very blessed to
            have such a wonderful person in his life. I will keep you and your
            family in my prayers this week as I have thought of you this last
            year. Dale sounds like he was a wonderful husband, person, father
            and human being. You both were blessed to have each other. I hope to
            get the chance to meet you next time I come to town. I will
            definitly try to look you up. Wish I could be there this week to
            give you a hug of care and love for your family. Know we are here for
            you in our hearts girl.

            Becky