Council Training Reports

  • Michael Crothers
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13 12:47 PM
      1. Found something vary interesting. At the quarterly council program committee meeting they publish a training report, my district is at 28% trained.

      2. This is based on Scoutnet report 162 v6.01 Adult Training Statistics Report (you designate the district)

      3. This report tells you:

      a. Program Position, # Registered,
      b. # Trained,  % Trained
      c. # Untrained,% Untrained,
      d. YP Trained, % YP Trained
      3. What I found interesting is that this program does not connect trained leaders with youth protection training, nor see if you have all required courses or if they are current.
      4. I have just received the council records for 122 of 157 of our district units (approx. 1348 unit leaders) and found that 84 Youth Protection (YP) has expired and only  94 have valid YP dates.
      5. Reviewing 1348 registered leaders, I have found that there are only 8 leaders that are trained and noe of our Venturing Crew Leaders have taken/recorded having taken YP for Venturing Leaders, yet we are 28 % trained.

      6. The bottom line is don't believe the council figures until you have validated them.

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      Catalina Council Pow Wow Chair 2008 & 09

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06