RE: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion

  • Joe Parajecki
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
      It says the document is not found!
      Do you have the URl right?
      I'd love to see it

      Joe Parajecki

      <http://insanescouter.org/> http://insanescouter.org

      Helping leaders one resource at a time....

      Find me on Plurk

      http://plurk.com/redeemByURL?from_uid=2696540
      <http://plurk.com/redeemByURL?from_uid=2696540&check=-710270940&s=1>
      &check=-710270940&s=1

      _____

      From: tsreadal@yahoo. <mailto:tsreadal%40yahoo.com> com
      Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 19:48:52 +0000
      Subject: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion

      I am looking for information that would be useful in teaching a class

      at UoS on Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion. Has anyone taught this class

      before or have some information I would greatly apprecate it. Thank

      you so much.

    • Sandra Martens
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
        even the national website only has the 07-08 version.  maybe there isn't a 08-09 because there were no changes.???

        Sandy OWL

        From: tsreadal@yahoo. <mailto:tsreadal% 40yahoo.com> com

        Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 19:48:52 +0000

        I am looking for information that would be useful in teaching a class

        at UoS on Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion. Has anyone taught this class

        before or have some information I would greatly apprecate it. Thank

        you so much.

        HotmailR is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.

        http://windowslive.

        <http://windowslive. com/online/ hotmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_HM_70faster_ 032009>

        com/online/hotmail? ocid=TXT_ TAGLM_WL_ HM_70faster_ 032009

      • Ron and Ruth White
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009
          OK, I'm not techno savvy enough to know how to cut and paste the url so you can view it (extra garbage appeared for some reason). :(

          Anyway, try this - http://www.pack1191.org/roundtable.asp and click on link- 3rd from the bottom.

          I have found the newest edition is given to National Camp School attendees (springtime) although it would be a great piece to have in the fall. I should have the latest copy this weekend.

          To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009

            1c. Re: Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion
            Posted by: "Joe Parajecki" salmonman@... joeparajecki
            Date: Tue Mar 3, 2009 7:00 pm ((PST))

            It says the document is not found!
            Do you have the URl right?
            I'd love to see it

            The original URL was missing a slash; try this:

            http://tinyurl.com/assr9s

            Back to the original question: I haven't seen an 08-09 or 09-10 version
            of the brochure, but I know there was a video about the Cub Scout
            Outdoor program that ran for about five minutes.

            It was more of a promotional video than an informational or
            instructional video.  It would make a great intro to a half-hour
            class.  Ask your Council if they have it; its out of print and probably
            not available at your Scout Shop, and I haven't seen it on DVD.

            --

            National Episcopal Scouters Association:

            http://www.nationalepiscopalscouting.com/

          • Teresa Hall
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009
              Theresa, I have one of the videos, and I'll be there Saturday, but I don't
              think video players are part of the equipment provided. If you do decide
              you want it, just let me know and I'll bring it. If you want it in advance,
              you can zip by our Roundtable tomorrow night, or give me a call and we can
              try some other transfer method.

              I've never watched the video so can't testify to its quality!

              Teresa Hall

              On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Fred Goodwin <fgoodwin@...> wrote:

              > --- On Wed, 3/4/09, scouter_t@yahoogroups.com <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>
              > wrote:

              > 1c. Re: Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion
              > Posted by: "Joe Parajecki" salmonman@... joeparajecki
              > Date: Tue Mar 3, 2009 7:00 pm ((PST))
              >
              > It says the document is not found!
              > Do you have the URl right?
              > I'd love to see it
              >
              > The original URL was missing a slash; try this:
              >

              > http://tinyurl.com/assr9s
              >

              > Back to the original question: I haven't seen an 08-09 or 09-10 version
              > of the brochure, but I know there was a video about the Cub Scout
              > Outdoor program that ran for about five minutes.
              >

              > It was more of a promotional video than an informational or
              > instructional video. It would make a great intro to a half-hour
              > class. Ask your Council if they have it; its out of print and probably
              > not available at your Scout Shop, and I haven't seen it on DVD.
              >
              > --
              >
              > National Episcopal Scouters Association:
              >
              > http://www.nationalepiscopalscouting.com/

            • Jamie Niss Dunn
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009
                maybe there isn't a 08-09 because there were no changes.???
                _____________
                No - it changes every year. It is always almost impossible to get your hands on before April or May and the National Council web site is *always* the last to to have it up!

                Pack Trainer, Pack 512
                Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
                Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
                3 Rivers District
                Scouting. Good for Life.

              • Ron and Ruth White
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 8, 2009
                  OK, I now have a copy of the '08-'09 CS Outdoor Program Guidelines, but can't access the yahoo groups to post it. (Yahoo can e-mail me my password but doesn't recognize my log- in which is my e-mail address! Can anyone tell me how to correct?)

                  Until then, e-mail me and I'll forward a pdf copy of the flyer. There are few changes that I see right off hand, updated photos of G2SS and BALOO syllabus and web address changes.

                  To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 8, 2009
                    I would love one ruth

                    Chris Fuss
                    District Cub Scout Training Chairman
                    Eastern District- Andrew Jackson Council
                    Mobile: (601)212-8531

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 8, 2009
                      Thanks Lisa (bearmitzvah@...) for taking the time to post! Here is the link for all -

                      http://www.pack358.us/upldDocuments/Unit346/CS_Outdoor_Guidelines_for_08-09.pdf

                      -Now if someone can help me with my inability to access my Yahoo Groups log in, I'll be set! LOL!

                      Ruth White
                      Buckeye District Training Chair
                      Simon Kenton Council

                      Are
                      you Scouting alumni? Reconnect
                      at www.BSAalumni.org

                      > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: rwhitehouse1@...
                      > Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 23:48:05 -0400
                      > Subject: RE: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion
                      >

                      > OK, I now have a copy of the '08-'09 CS Outdoor Program Guidelines, but can't access the yahoo groups to post it. (Yahoo can e-mail me my password but doesn't recognize my log- in which is my e-mail address! Can anyone tell me how to correct?)
                      >
                      > Until then, e-mail me and I'll forward a pdf copy of the flyer. There are few changes that I see right off hand, updated photos of G2SS and BALOO syllabus and web address changes.
                      >
                      > Ruth White
                      > Buckeye District Training Chair
                      > Simon Kenton Council
                      > Are
                      > you Scouting alumni? Reconnect
                      > at www.BSAalumni.org
                      >

                      > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: JNDunnMN@...
                      > Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:37:02 -0500
                      > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion

                      > maybe there isn't a 08-09 because there were no changes.???
                      >
                      > _____________
                      >
                      > No - it changes every year. It is always almost impossible to get your hands on before April or May and the National Council web site is *always* the last to to have it up!
                      >

                      > YiS,
                      >
                      > Jamie Niss Dunn
                      >
                      > Pack Trainer, Pack 512
                      >
                      > Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
                      >
                      > Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                      >
                      > Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
                      >
                      > 3 Rivers District
                      >
                      > Scouting. Good for Life.

                    • Ron and Ruth White
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 19, 2009
                        Hi Chris!

                        Enjoy!

                        To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

                        From: Ron and Ruth White <rwhitehouse1@...>

                        To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 20, 2009
                          Ruth,

                               Could I also get a copy of that!  Thanks!

                          Bill LaChance
                        • Daniel Grummert
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 22, 2009
                            Ruth,

                            Could I also get a copy of that! Thanks!
                            neusebasinbugle@...

                            Dan
                            .~~~. ))
                            (\__/) .' ))) Daniel Grummert
                            /o o \/ .~ Scouting . . . it's for the boys
                            {o_, \ { Scouting . . . it's for the man he will become
                            / , , ) \ Scouting . . . it's for America
                            `~ '-' \ } )) SR-CS-14 Beaver, SR-338 Buffalo
                            _( ( )_.' USMC RETIRED
                            Check out neusebasinbsa.org for more district Scouting information
                            daily.