Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion

  • Theresa Read
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
      I am looking for information that would be useful in teaching a class
      at UoS on Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion. Has anyone taught this class
      before or have some information I would greatly apprecate it. Thank
      you so much.
    • Ron and Ruth White
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
        There is a nice 8 page color brochure titled "Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines for...(2007-2008) Bin item 13-631. To view the 2007-2008 edition, see http://www.pack1191.org/assetsCub%20Scout%20Outdoor%20Program%20Guidelines%20for%202007-2008.pdf

        I'm looking for the 2008-2009 version to handout at our BALOO training 3/14. Hopefully we have someone returning from National Camp School with the latest edition.

        Ruth White
        Buckeye District Training Chair
        Simon Kenton Council

        Are
        you Scouting alumni? Reconnect
        at www.BSAalumni.org

        To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
          It says the document is not found!
          Do you have the URl right?
          I'd love to see it

          Joe Parajecki

          <http://insanescouter.org/> http://insanescouter.org

          Helping leaders one resource at a time....

          Find me on Plurk

          http://plurk.com/redeemByURL?from_uid=2696540
          <http://plurk.com/redeemByURL?from_uid=2696540&check=-710270940&s=1>
          &check=-710270940&s=1

          _____

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 3, 2009
            even the national website only has the 07-08 version.  maybe there isn't a 08-09 because there were no changes.???

            Sandy OWL

            From: tsreadal@yahoo. <mailto:tsreadal% 40yahoo.com> com

            Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 19:48:52 +0000

            I am looking for information that would be useful in teaching a class

            at UoS on Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion. Has anyone taught this class

            before or have some information I would greatly apprecate it. Thank

            you so much.

            HotmailR is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.

            http://windowslive.

            <http://windowslive. com/online/ hotmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_HM_70faster_ 032009>

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009
              OK, I'm not techno savvy enough to know how to cut and paste the url so you can view it (extra garbage appeared for some reason). :(

              Anyway, try this - http://www.pack1191.org/roundtable.asp and click on link- 3rd from the bottom.

              I have found the newest edition is given to National Camp School attendees (springtime) although it would be a great piece to have in the fall. I should have the latest copy this weekend.

              To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009

                1c. Re: Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion
                Posted by: "Joe Parajecki" salmonman@... joeparajecki
                Date: Tue Mar 3, 2009 7:00 pm ((PST))

                It says the document is not found!
                Do you have the URl right?
                I'd love to see it

                The original URL was missing a slash; try this:

                http://tinyurl.com/assr9s

                Back to the original question: I haven't seen an 08-09 or 09-10 version
                of the brochure, but I know there was a video about the Cub Scout
                Outdoor program that ran for about five minutes.

                It was more of a promotional video than an informational or
                instructional video.  It would make a great intro to a half-hour
                class.  Ask your Council if they have it; its out of print and probably
                not available at your Scout Shop, and I haven't seen it on DVD.

                --

                National Episcopal Scouters Association:

                http://www.nationalepiscopalscouting.com/

              • Teresa Hall
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009
                  Theresa, I have one of the videos, and I'll be there Saturday, but I don't
                  think video players are part of the equipment provided. If you do decide
                  you want it, just let me know and I'll bring it. If you want it in advance,
                  you can zip by our Roundtable tomorrow night, or give me a call and we can
                  try some other transfer method.

                  I've never watched the video so can't testify to its quality!

                  Teresa Hall

                  On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Fred Goodwin <fgoodwin@...> wrote:

                  > --- On Wed, 3/4/09, scouter_t@yahoogroups.com <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>
                  > wrote:

                  > 1c. Re: Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion
                  > Posted by: "Joe Parajecki" salmonman@... joeparajecki
                  > Date: Tue Mar 3, 2009 7:00 pm ((PST))
                  >
                  > It says the document is not found!
                  > Do you have the URl right?
                  > I'd love to see it
                  >
                  > The original URL was missing a slash; try this:
                  >

                  > http://tinyurl.com/assr9s
                  >

                  > Back to the original question: I haven't seen an 08-09 or 09-10 version
                  > of the brochure, but I know there was a video about the Cub Scout
                  > Outdoor program that ran for about five minutes.
                  >

                  > It was more of a promotional video than an informational or
                  > instructional video. It would make a great intro to a half-hour
                  > class. Ask your Council if they have it; its out of print and probably
                  > not available at your Scout Shop, and I haven't seen it on DVD.
                  >
                  > --
                  >
                  > National Episcopal Scouters Association:
                  >
                  > http://www.nationalepiscopalscouting.com/

                • Jamie Niss Dunn
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 4, 2009
                    maybe there isn't a 08-09 because there were no changes.???
                    _____________
                    No - it changes every year. It is always almost impossible to get your hands on before April or May and the National Council web site is *always* the last to to have it up!

                    Pack Trainer, Pack 512
                    Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
                    Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                    Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
                    3 Rivers District
                    Scouting. Good for Life.

                  • Ron and Ruth White
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 8, 2009
                      OK, I now have a copy of the '08-'09 CS Outdoor Program Guidelines, but can't access the yahoo groups to post it. (Yahoo can e-mail me my password but doesn't recognize my log- in which is my e-mail address! Can anyone tell me how to correct?)

                      Until then, e-mail me and I'll forward a pdf copy of the flyer. There are few changes that I see right off hand, updated photos of G2SS and BALOO syllabus and web address changes.

                      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 8, 2009
                        I would love one ruth

                        Chris Fuss
                        District Cub Scout Training Chairman
                        Eastern District- Andrew Jackson Council
                        Mobile: (601)212-8531

                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 8, 2009
                          Thanks Lisa (bearmitzvah@...) for taking the time to post! Here is the link for all -

                          http://www.pack358.us/upldDocuments/Unit346/CS_Outdoor_Guidelines_for_08-09.pdf

                          -Now if someone can help me with my inability to access my Yahoo Groups log in, I'll be set! LOL!

                          Ruth White
                          Buckeye District Training Chair
                          Simon Kenton Council

                          Are
                          you Scouting alumni? Reconnect
                          at www.BSAalumni.org

                          > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                          > From: rwhitehouse1@...
                          > Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 23:48:05 -0400
                          > Subject: RE: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion
                          >

                          > OK, I now have a copy of the '08-'09 CS Outdoor Program Guidelines, but can't access the yahoo groups to post it. (Yahoo can e-mail me my password but doesn't recognize my log- in which is my e-mail address! Can anyone tell me how to correct?)
                          >
                          > Until then, e-mail me and I'll forward a pdf copy of the flyer. There are few changes that I see right off hand, updated photos of G2SS and BALOO syllabus and web address changes.
                          >
                          > Ruth White
                          > Buckeye District Training Chair
                          > Simon Kenton Council
                          > Are
                          > you Scouting alumni? Reconnect
                          > at www.BSAalumni.org
                          >

                          > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                          > From: JNDunnMN@...
                          > Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:37:02 -0500
                          > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Outdoors Promotion

                          > maybe there isn't a 08-09 because there were no changes.???
                          >
                          > _____________
                          >
                          > No - it changes every year. It is always almost impossible to get your hands on before April or May and the National Council web site is *always* the last to to have it up!
                          >

                          > YiS,
                          >
                          > Jamie Niss Dunn
                          >
                          > Pack Trainer, Pack 512
                          >
                          > Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
                          >
                          > Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                          >
                          > Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
                          >
                          > 3 Rivers District
                          >
                          > Scouting. Good for Life.

                        • Ron and Ruth White
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 19, 2009
                            Hi Chris!

                            Enjoy!

                            To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

                            From: Ron and Ruth White <rwhitehouse1@...>

                            To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 20, 2009
                              Ruth,

                                   Could I also get a copy of that!  Thanks!

                              Bill LaChance
                            • Daniel Grummert
                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 22, 2009
                                Ruth,

                                Could I also get a copy of that! Thanks!
                                neusebasinbugle@...

                                Dan
                                .~~~. ))
                                (\__/) .' ))) Daniel Grummert
                                /o o \/ .~ Scouting . . . it's for the boys
                                {o_, \ { Scouting . . . it's for the man he will become
                                / , , ) \ Scouting . . . it's for America
                                `~ '-' \ } )) SR-CS-14 Beaver, SR-338 Buffalo
                                _( ( )_.' USMC RETIRED
                                Check out neusebasinbsa.org for more district Scouting information
                                daily.