Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Leader Training Knots

  • NeilLup@aol.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 5, 2009
      Hello Michael,

      As you probably know, there are requirements cards for each of the Training
      Awards.

      http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts/resources/CSLeaderRecAwards.aspx
      http://www.scouting.org/CubScouts/CubScoutingForms/forms.aspx

      For example, here is the downloadable and printable card for the Webelos
      Den Leader Award:
      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34169-52.pdf

      There is a space in each of these cards for a signature when a requirement is
      completed.

      Normally, this can be signed when a course is completed. I believe that
      the signature for the Den Leader award is supposed to be by the Cubmaster or
      Committee Chairman.

      The District Training Chairman can designate who is the appropriate person to
      certify completion based on personal coaching or self-study. Presumably,
      this person is someone who is a mentor/coach-counselor for the leader. It
      might be a Commissioner, it might be the Pack Trainer for a Pack or it might
      be some other leader or it could be the District Training Chairman. If
      could, of course, just be the Cubmaster or Committee Chairman as they are the
      ones who can sign the card. If you have an active Commissioner, this person
      can take the initiative in seeing that the requirements get completed and the
      award made.

      In short, there is no one "official" way to get this done. The District
      Training Chairman has a lot of flexibility in seeing that training
      requirements are met.

      I hope that is the information you want. If not, please clarify and I'll
      try to find out more for you.

      Best wishes,

      Neil Lupton