Re: Leader Training Knots

  • huntro1
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 5, 2009
      I think he means the training card that you get at the completion of
      the course.

      Steve

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Michael D. Myjak" <mmyjak@...>

    • NeilLup@aol.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 5, 2009
        Hello Michael,

        As you probably know, there are requirements cards for each of the Training
        Awards.

        http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts/resources/CSLeaderRecAwards.aspx
        http://www.scouting.org/CubScouts/CubScoutingForms/forms.aspx

        For example, here is the downloadable and printable card for the Webelos
        Den Leader Award:
        http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34169-52.pdf

        There is a space in each of these cards for a signature when a requirement is
        completed.

        Normally, this can be signed when a course is completed. I believe that
        the signature for the Den Leader award is supposed to be by the Cubmaster or
        Committee Chairman.

        The District Training Chairman can designate who is the appropriate person to
        certify completion based on personal coaching or self-study. Presumably,
        this person is someone who is a mentor/coach-counselor for the leader. It
        might be a Commissioner, it might be the Pack Trainer for a Pack or it might
        be some other leader or it could be the District Training Chairman. If
        could, of course, just be the Cubmaster or Committee Chairman as they are the
        ones who can sign the card. If you have an active Commissioner, this person
        can take the initiative in seeing that the requirements get completed and the
        award made.

        In short, there is no one "official" way to get this done. The District
        Training Chairman has a lot of flexibility in seeing that training
        requirements are met.

        I hope that is the information you want. If not, please clarify and I'll
        try to find out more for you.

        Best wishes,

        Neil Lupton