Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Leader Training Knots

  • Michael D. Myjak
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 5, 2009
      NeilLup@... wrote:
      > <snip>
      > As I mentioned in a previous post, self-study is a perfectly acceptable
      > method of completing training requirements, particularly if no course is
      > available. Your District Training Chairman should be willing to approve your
      > completion of this requirement based on self-study [...]

      Neil,

      What is the process for getting one's card signed? Specifically, are
      there any tests that need to be taken/administered or is it just 'scouts
      honor'?

      thanks -

      Y.I.S.,
      -Michael
      CM P-702
      Canaveral District Committee
      (beaver)
    • huntro1
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 5, 2009
        I think he means the training card that you get at the completion of
        the course.

        Steve

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Michael D. Myjak" <mmyjak@...>

      • NeilLup@aol.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 5, 2009
          Hello Michael,

          As you probably know, there are requirements cards for each of the Training
          Awards.

          http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts/resources/CSLeaderRecAwards.aspx
          http://www.scouting.org/CubScouts/CubScoutingForms/forms.aspx

          For example, here is the downloadable and printable card for the Webelos
          Den Leader Award:
          http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34169-52.pdf

          There is a space in each of these cards for a signature when a requirement is
          completed.

          Normally, this can be signed when a course is completed. I believe that
          the signature for the Den Leader award is supposed to be by the Cubmaster or
          Committee Chairman.

          The District Training Chairman can designate who is the appropriate person to
          certify completion based on personal coaching or self-study. Presumably,
          this person is someone who is a mentor/coach-counselor for the leader. It
          might be a Commissioner, it might be the Pack Trainer for a Pack or it might
          be some other leader or it could be the District Training Chairman. If
          could, of course, just be the Cubmaster or Committee Chairman as they are the
          ones who can sign the card. If you have an active Commissioner, this person
          can take the initiative in seeing that the requirements get completed and the
          award made.

          In short, there is no one "official" way to get this done. The District
          Training Chairman has a lot of flexibility in seeing that training
          requirements are met.

          I hope that is the information you want. If not, please clarify and I'll
          try to find out more for you.

          Best wishes,

          Neil Lupton