Re: Looking for information

  • Michael Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2009
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...> wrote:

      > Trainers -
      >
      > A few questions:
      >

      > 2. Anyone have numbers/printing dates for the latest version of
      SM/SA Leader Specific Training? . . .Venturing Leader Specific
      Training? . . .Intro to Outdoor Leader Skills?

      Venturing Leader Specific Training: #33491D, 2002 printing

      > 3. According to the most current syllabus, how long should these
      courses last?
      > b. Venturing Leader Specific Training

      Basically 5 hours.

      > 4. Is the adult YP for Venturing Leaders still included as part of
      their Leader Specific Training?

      NO. It's never been included.

      You need to complete Adult YP for Venturing Leaders on-line.

      They do cover SOME (but not all) of the YPT for Venturers as part of
      the course, but not the entire video (which, by the way, was updated
      a couple of years ago to 4 segments).

      > 5. If you go to the BSA Online Learning Center, the entry in the
      lower right corner says, "Welcome to Den Chief Training!" Does
      anyone know if this is actual Den Chief Training or Den Chief Fast
      Start Training as the certificate says?

      My understanding is that its Den Chief Fast Start.

      Michael Brown