Re: [Scouter_T] NLE Replacement Course

  • Scott Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2009
      From Joe Glasscock, Program Volunteer Development, in Nov 2008:

      Soon, New Leader Essentials will be replace by a new Web-based
      training course titled "What Is Scouting?" Like New Leader Essentials, the course will be required for all leaders
      to be considered fully trained. It will be availabe on the Online Learner Center at www.scouting.org and should be available around Nov. 1. It will also be on DVD and will be available through the National Distribution Center.

      "What Is Scouting?" is a seven-module course that will take about an hour to complete.
      The seven modules are:
      - Mission, Vision, Values
      - Programs for all ages and abilities
      - Scouting is fun!
      - Scouting in the community
      - Protecting Our youth
      - Scouting legacy
      - On being a leader
      At the end of each module is an interactive exercise that
      participants must complete and answer correctly before they can move on to the next module.

      And from a more recent email from him to me from an inquiry I made about the course:

      Hi Scott,

      Good to hear from you and you asked some good questions. "This is
      Scouting" will be on the Online Learning Center by around 2-1-09, and will replace New Leader Essentials. It has taken longer to produce than we anticipated. It is a self study but we are making it available on a dvd to be available when needed and it could be a group session if desired.
      It has not yet been assigned a #.

      I am sending you another email with a Training Update, which I try to make available to Council Training Chairs.

      Tks,

      Joe

      Hope that helps!

      Scott Smith