RE: [Scouter_T] RE: [Boy-Scout-Talk] TDC / Trainer's EDGE in Texas?

  • Bill Kuhfuss
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 8, 2009
      The teaching EDGE is presented in Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Leader Specific Training as a way Scouts can learn skills.
      Bill Kuhfuss, Cradle of Liberty

      ----------
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 8, 2009
        Hi All,
        Just had to chime in on this one...
        I train at all levels...Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Venturing and have
        staffed numerous Woogbadge courses...and have the most recent syllabus
        books as of late October. I have not found any of the The Training
        EDGE information included in any of the Basic Leader Specific
        trainings (I amy have missed or forgotten something, I've slept since
        the last time I trained). There is one reference to the Leading EDGE
        in the SmLST.
        Since I am not on Woodbadge staff this year...staffing Powderhorn
        instead...I won't be exposed to the Training EDGE yet as a course but
        I have staffed (4 or 5) and directed a TDC and I think perhaps there
        is a place for an "Intro to Training" (TDC) to whet an appetite and
        get a new trainer off to a good start. This would also be for those
        folks who might not be planning to be a District trainer but to train
        per say in their units. Then to be followed by a more advanced
        training The Training EDGE to expand information and knowledge and for
        those who will continue as a District or Council trainer as well as
        Woodbadge & NYLT staffers.

        Anyway, I look forward to being exposed to this training eventually.

        YIS,
        Scoutinglady
        OT District Training Chair, ETAC
        ADC Venturing OT District
        Advisor Crew 42 Tyler TX
        CC Troop 180 Winnsboro
        I used to be a Beaver (SR-281) &
        A good old Staffer, Too
        (SR-447, SR-554, SR-688, SR-751 & SR-897)

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Hall" <WarEagle78@...> wrote:

        > I should hasten to add that in my primary trainer/Scouting life my
        focus is
        > Cub Scouting. I have familiarity with SMLST, training for Venture
        Advisors
        > and the like, but in no way claim to be current or expert in them.
        So if the
        > EDGE model is now widely integrated, I issue a profound Rosanne
        Rosannadanna
        > comment: NEVER MIND! I do know it's not introducted in any Cub
        literature.

        > Teresa Hall

      • Bill Kuhfuss
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 8, 2009
          In SM/SA-LST. Leading EDGE. Session 1: Working With Boy Leaders / The
          Patrol Method | Matching Leadership Styles ? (pp 58-59). Teaching EDGE.
          Session 2: Preopening Activity and reinforced in Session 2: Advancement.
          The current training manual is, thankfully, modern.

        • Peter Mullaney
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 8, 2009
            On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM, <SeanWaiss@...> wrote:

            > Sean Waiss
            > ->This just in! SEWIS Council NJ2010 2nd SA
            > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry <-
            >

            > Huh? I assume this means that you were selected as a second assistant SM
            > for a National Jamboree Troop? Congratulations! We finished our interviews
            > on Dec 23rd and hope to have our recommendations approved and announced
            > later this month.
            >

            > Pete M.

          • Fred Goodwin
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 8, 2009
              --- In Boy-Scout-Talk@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Walker" <Ken.Walker@...> wrote:

              > Does anyone have dates for other "nearby" councils TDC/Trainer's EDGE
              > courses in the Jan-March timeframe?

              Trainer Development Conference, Alamo Area Council (San Antonio, TX)

              Saturday, 17 Jan. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Alamo Heights United Methodist Church (West Wing 2nd floor) 825 E. Basse Rd. Cost: $2. Contact Dennis Hayes at 210.545.5622 or email: dhayes17@..., or Dwayne Cloar, at 210.341.8611, ext. 142 or dcloar@...

              --
              National Episcopal Scouters Association:
              http://www.nationalepiscopalscouting.com/
              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 9, 2009
                Pete-

                Yes, that is what it means. I've been asking about our council plans for the last 9 months, got the applications for my son and myself submitted in September, and was contacted in December with the leaders' interview schedule. The interviews were this past Wednesday and I was the final interviewee (that happens when your last name is near the end of the alphabet).

                I do not know what the breakdown for leader applications might have been, but I applied only for the 2nd Assistant position due to my lack of Wood badge. I was home for less than an hour before I received a call and offer to fill that role. Our Council NJ2010 Informational Meeting is in 3 weeks, so I'm already trying to promote Scout, family, and Scouter attendance at that, starting with Roundtable last night.

                See you at the Hill!!

                Sean Waiss

                From: "Peter Mullaney" <mullaney@...>

                Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 19:34:04