2009 PTC Schedule

  • valricojon9
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 21, 2008
      I uploaded a file that is the 2009 Philmont Training Center's
      conference schedule.
    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 21, 2008
        I see they abandonded the "Cub Scout Extravaganza" format - but I also notice that the topic focused weeks are gone - e.g. the "Cub Scout Week or Boy Scout Week" content is dispersed throughout several weeks entitled Volunteer Development.

        Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        3 Rivers District
        Scouting. Good for Life.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008
          I noticed that too. When we were out there in August, several staff members
          indicated that they liked the Cub Scout weeks because they were so much fun.
          Maybe they wanted some of those crazy Cub Scout leaders in other weeks to
          make them more exciting. :-)
          Actually, I wonder if this has anything to do with the National
          restructuring.

          Robert

        • NeilLup@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008

            > Actually, I wonder if this has anything to do with the National
            > restructuring.
            >
            > Robert

            I understand that the change in format is due to the National reorganization
            and the elimination of the Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venturing Divisions.

            Best wishes,

            Neil Lupton

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008
              In a message dated 11/24/2008 9:52:42 A.M. Central Standard Time,
              fishnscout@... writes:

              Actually, I wonder if this has anything to do with the National
              restructuring.
              +++++++++

              That occurred to me as well. Since there is no longer a "Cub Scout
              Division", then it sort of makes sense that the CS weeks have been eliminated.

              Pack Trainer, P. 512
              Cub Scout Training Coordinator
              3 Rivers District
              Scouting. Good for Life.

            • Kevin Pate
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008
                > sort of makes sense that the CS weeks have been eliminated.

                Might make sense, but I doubt PTC will be the better for it.
                Those were some right magical weeks when I was fortunate to enjoy some crisp August days there.

                Kevin in Norman, America