Re: [Scouter_T] Holiday Mail for Heroes (XPost)

  • Peter Mullaney
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2008
      Ida et al, In a similar vein, I got the following from a mother of one of
      my PL's:

      I think this is a nice idea�specially if the kids can sign a few cards.

      Subject: Christmas Cards

      I love this idea. I think this is the very least we could do.
      When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to
      this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of
      how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so
      much would get.
      A Great Idea!!!
      When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please
      include the following:
      A Recovering American Soldier
      c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
      6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
      Washington , D.C. 20307-5001

      If you approve, please pass it on.

      Pete M.

    • Lisa
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2008
        Not to rain on anyone's parade .... but these cards will not get to
        soldiers due to security concerns.
        <http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/walterreed.asp>

        The good news is that there is a program that WILL work!!
        Check out: Holiday Mail for Heroes <http://www.redcross.org/email/saf/>