Re: [Scouter_T] CS Specific-Pack meeting run ons

  • Brant Lippincott
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 2008
      I'm on a Pun-of-the-day email list - which I use frequently.....

      Here's a few from todays edition...

      Why are movie stars so cool?
          Because they have many fans!
      Why did the football coach go to the bank?
          To get his quarter back!
      Why did the potato cross the road?
          He saw a fork up ahead.
      How do spacemen add more protein to their diet?
          They make it meteor.
      What is the smallest room in the world ?
          A mushroom
      What do you call a baby potato?
          A small fry!

      To join, visit:

      Warning!!  This list is NOT kid friendly.  There are many "blue" jokes.

      But, they have LOTs of puns, shaggy puppy stories, etc... that ARE appropriate for a pack meeting.

      Also, Boy's life is a great resource (the last page)!

      Brant

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 2008
        Hi Wally,

        There's always the "Viper", where every now and then someone comes up
        and says something like "The viper is coming", then at the end, someone
        comes in with a roll of toilet paper (and maybe some wrapped around
        him), and says "I'm the viper". It's not the greatest punchline, but we
        did it at our last pack meeting, and no one was insulted :-)

        There's also gravity check (someone comes up to the person speaking,
        interrupts him/her and drops their hat, notes, etc. and says "it works".

        Baloo's Bugle has a few, too:
        http://usscouts.org/bbugle/bb0402/bbtt.html

        I hope this helps.

        In Scouting,

        -Scouter Jeff
        http://thetrainerscorner.wordpress.com/

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Wally" <whymel@...> wrote:

        > I am assisting with CS Leader specific next week and I am looking
        > for "run ons" to demonstrate at the pack meeting. I have a couple in
        > my pocket including pulling the rope instead of pushing; howvever I'm
        > looking for some new (to me at least) ideas for run ons. Thanks in
        > advance for the help.
        >
        > Wally

      • thewvnomad
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2008
          I'm in a military town so the Infant Tree works well....have 2 or 3
          different scouts take turns running into the middle of the pack
          meeting shouting "the infantry is coming" then have a scout carrying
          an "Infant Tree" (seedling) into the room being escorted by a couple
          of scouts.

          Frank

          a proud and noble Antelope

          SR 877
          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Wally" <whymel@...> wrote:

          > I am assisting with CS Leader specific next week and I am looking
          > for "run ons" to demonstrate at the pack meeting. I have a couple in
          > my pocket including pulling the rope instead of pushing; howvever I'm
          > looking for some new (to me at least) ideas for run ons. Thanks in
          > advance for the help.
          >
          > Wally

        • Frank Maynard
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 18, 2008
            On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Wally wrote:

            > I am assisting with CS Leader specific next week and I am looking
            > for "run ons" to demonstrate at the pack meeting.

            I pick something from "Den Meeting Sparklers" or the "Cub Scout How-To
            Book", not only to demonstrate a run-on, song, stunt or skit, but to show
            off the resources readily available to them. (Step right up to my Trading
            Post in the back of the room!)

            Of course I insist that the students participate just as I'd expect the
            scouts to, and explain that the boys are more likely to have fun if they
            see their leaders acting silly themselves.

            Last time I did "It's all around me!!! It's all around me!!!" and we sang
            and did the Grand Old Duke of York, just to get the blood flowing.

            Frank Maynard, NF8M
            CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
            Ottawa District Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council