CS Specific-Pack meeting run ons

  • Wally
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 2008
      I am assisting with CS Leader specific next week and I am looking
      for "run ons" to demonstrate at the pack meeting. I have a couple in
      my pocket including pulling the rope instead of pushing; howvever I'm
      looking for some new (to me at least) ideas for run ons. Thanks in
      advance for the help.

      Wally
    • Lady T
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 2008
        Need more info:  What theme are you using?

        Any kid's jokes can probably be done as run-ons.  Someone can come out during a lull in the instructor's speech or at the time to change speakers, etc, fire off a kid's riddle to the crowd and either spout out the answer himself, or have a partner who can give off the answer.

        You can get some real groaners.  But it's all in good fun.

        You should use run-ons (or jokes) that can tie into your theme.

        One thing I like to do, whenever a speaker is talking about doing a good turn (ie. providing service to someone or a group), I like to say, "Oh, I know what a good turn is!" or "I've got a good turn for you!" and then once I have all eyes on me, simply spin about in a circle and announce, "see - that was a good turn!"

        Gets a laugh everytime.

        Trisha E Munsch
        Cub Scout Leader Training Chair
        Chisholm Trail District
        Capitol Area Council
        Austin TX

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2008
          I'm on a Pun-of-the-day email list - which I use frequently.....

          Here's a few from todays edition...

          Why are movie stars so cool?
              Because they have many fans!
          Why did the football coach go to the bank?
              To get his quarter back!
          Why did the potato cross the road?
              He saw a fork up ahead.
          How do spacemen add more protein to their diet?
              They make it meteor.
          What is the smallest room in the world ?
              A mushroom
          What do you call a baby potato?
              A small fry!

          To join, visit:

          Warning!!  This list is NOT kid friendly.  There are many "blue" jokes.

          But, they have LOTs of puns, shaggy puppy stories, etc... that ARE appropriate for a pack meeting.

          Also, Boy's life is a great resource (the last page)!

          Brant

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 2008
            Hi Wally,

            There's always the "Viper", where every now and then someone comes up
            and says something like "The viper is coming", then at the end, someone
            comes in with a roll of toilet paper (and maybe some wrapped around
            him), and says "I'm the viper". It's not the greatest punchline, but we
            did it at our last pack meeting, and no one was insulted :-)

            There's also gravity check (someone comes up to the person speaking,
            interrupts him/her and drops their hat, notes, etc. and says "it works".

            Baloo's Bugle has a few, too:
            http://usscouts.org/bbugle/bb0402/bbtt.html

            I hope this helps.

            In Scouting,

            -Scouter Jeff
            http://thetrainerscorner.wordpress.com/

            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Wally" <whymel@...> wrote:

            > I am assisting with CS Leader specific next week and I am looking
            > for "run ons" to demonstrate at the pack meeting. I have a couple in
            > my pocket including pulling the rope instead of pushing; howvever I'm
            > looking for some new (to me at least) ideas for run ons. Thanks in
            > advance for the help.
            >
            > Wally

          • thewvnomad
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 13, 2008
              I'm in a military town so the Infant Tree works well....have 2 or 3
              different scouts take turns running into the middle of the pack
              meeting shouting "the infantry is coming" then have a scout carrying
              an "Infant Tree" (seedling) into the room being escorted by a couple
              of scouts.

              Frank

              a proud and noble Antelope

              SR 877
              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Wally" <whymel@...> wrote:

              > I am assisting with CS Leader specific next week and I am looking
              > for "run ons" to demonstrate at the pack meeting. I have a couple in
              > my pocket including pulling the rope instead of pushing; howvever I'm
              > looking for some new (to me at least) ideas for run ons. Thanks in
              > advance for the help.
              >
              > Wally

            • Frank Maynard
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 18, 2008
                On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Wally wrote:

                > I am assisting with CS Leader specific next week and I am looking
                > for "run ons" to demonstrate at the pack meeting.

                I pick something from "Den Meeting Sparklers" or the "Cub Scout How-To
                Book", not only to demonstrate a run-on, song, stunt or skit, but to show
                off the resources readily available to them. (Step right up to my Trading
                Post in the back of the room!)

                Of course I insist that the students participate just as I'd expect the
                scouts to, and explain that the boys are more likely to have fun if they
                see their leaders acting silly themselves.

                Last time I did "It's all around me!!! It's all around me!!!" and we sang
                and did the Grand Old Duke of York, just to get the blood flowing.

                Frank Maynard, NF8M
                CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
                Ottawa District Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council