Re: Any District Commissioners out there who can help a "Newbie"

  • dmcdlgcs
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
      I'm also greatful for the question at this particular time, because
      there are days that this part, which is the majority of the time I
      spend, just doesn't seem worth it...and then a bunch of people remind
      me that I'm not alone, that we have a common goal, and that
      ultimately we are making a difference.

      Thanks, all, for the reminder,

      YIS,
      Dawn Gent
      Cub Scout Training Chair
      Del-Mar-Va Council
      I used to be an Eagle NE-IV-211

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ilively@... wrote:

      > Thank you all for your help with this.
      >
      > I'm grabbing the records to help my Unit Commissioners when they
      are reviewing the Centennial Award with their units. There's a
      requirement of % of leaders trained. I want them to be able to look
      at a list and say: If you get "So-and-so to take this one part of
      training, they'll be trained and you'll get the award."

      > Over the past week or so, I've looked at the training for all Adult
      Leaders in my District (at least those registered!), and saw a
      mess. ;)

      > Many of you may recall that I was the District Training Chair for
      5+ years, so I have some history available at my fingertips. [I'm
      very computer oriented and if I didn't put the Training Attendance
      Sheet directly into a PDF, I scanned them in.] I was also the
      Training Liaison -- which meant that whenever I had free time, I'd go
      to the Council Office, take over a computer, and sit down with the
      most recent Training Attendance Sheets and verify that the training
      listed was credited.

      > I'm glad to hear that I'm not nutz about the online vs in person
      trainings. I do hope that National gets that part straightened out,
      especially if we're going to more web-based trainings.