Crossing groups

  • Kevin and Jane
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008
      I know it's a little off topic, but do any of you know of a group like
      this for District membership committees?

      All of the posts here have been fantastic. I've had suspicions and
      opinions confirmed and picked up a lot of ideas to integrate into our
      training, and now I'm moving into the membership role in our District.

      Thanks,

      Kevin
    • Dan Kurtenbach
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008
        Kevin wrote:

        > I know it's a little off topic, but do any of you know of a group like > this for District membership committees?> > All of the posts here have been fantastic. I've had suspicions and > opinions confirmed and picked up a lot of ideas to integrate into our > training, and now I'm moving into the membership role in our District.
        Having just had a district membership meeting tonight, I can say that I would appreciate all the help I could get. I would suggest that such a group be hosted in the new BSA Scouting Community, BSA National's entry into discussion forums, social networking, and blogging. http://community.scouting.org There are two similar options: One, create a "Membership" category in the Forums section of the Community, and two, create a Membership Group in the Groups section of the community. The Forums section is a bulletin-board style forum similar to Scouter.com and the Discuss-It forum at USSSP (or reading Yahoo! Group posts online at the Group website), but you can set it to receive new posts to particular discussions via email. The Groups section also has a bulletin-board style forum, but also allows members of the group to create blogs within the Group. (Scouting Community members can also create blogs in the Blogs section of the community.)

        Dan Kurtenbach
        Fairfax, VA