Re: [Scouter_T] Re: What is Scouting? ( NLE replacement? )

  • ed5870@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 2, 2008
      I agree Jamie they are listening to leaders not the bulk of the trainers. As a group I think we all feel we can do it better, but they are looking at how they can get more people trained. I think it is a question of quantity over quality. Which is more important? More leaders trained or more leaders trained better?

      Ed Harvey
      Training Chair
      Dutchess District Hudson Valley Council
      Every Scout deserves a Trained Leader

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 25, 2008
        I talked to Joe Glasscock personally about this a week ago. He says
        the new course is titled "This is Scouting". It is a series of seven
        modules. Test subjects have taken 1 hour to 1-1/2 hours to complete
        all 7 modules. You can take them all at once or over time. You have
        to complete all 7 to receive credit for the course.

        He said it would be on-line January 1st or very soon thereafter.

        Dean Long
        Battlefield District Cub Training Chairman
        Heart of VA Council

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Marian McQuaid" <mcquaidfam@...>
        wrote:

        > Per Joe Glasscock, head of such stuff: It was going to roll out on
        Nov 1.
        > That has been pushed to Jan 1. I haven't heard the length, but
        find 1 hr
        > of online training a bit much. That part I would question.
        >
        > Marian McQuaid
        > Dist. Commissioner
        > Great Blue Hill District
        > Boston Minuteman Council

        On Behalf
        > Of Ilively@...
        > Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:49 PM
        > To: .scouter_t
        > Subject: [Scouter_T] What is Scouting? ( NLE replacement? )
        >
        > A friend asks:
        >
        > I have heard a rumor that New Leaders Essentials will soon (2009?)
        be