Re: [Scouter_T] Digest Number 106

  • Ken Todd
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 1:44 PM
      Dave,

      You are correct. This is not rocket science. I have read through the
      syllabus, though I remember receiving it after the first of the year.
      The challenges are as follows here in No. VA:
      1) We have to find time in the District Calendar to fit an additional
      training course in.
      2) We have to find staff and other resources for the event and give
      them time to get up to speed, at the same time we are doing the same to
      implement the New Training Kit.
      3) Not all Districts or Council Staff are as current as I am on what is
      going on with training as I am.
      4) We still just received the blessing from the Council Training
      Committee to conduct our first course as soon as we are comfortable.
      5) Some people are afraid of change and need to be coaxed into
      accepting it.

      Yours in Scouting,
      Ken Todd Training Chairman
      Aquia Dist, NCAC