Re: [Scouter_T] IOLS, Baloo, and other trainings

  • Staci Kilpatrick
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2008
      David,

      As I understand from your email, you are a Cub Scout Leader - right?

      Why are you taking IOLS?  IOLS is for Scoutmaster/ASM positions.  I watched the IOLS guys when I was going thru OWLs and they do a lot of things that Cub Scouts can't do and train on things our boys are not ready for.

      I took Woodbadge as a Cub Scout Leader and they required me to be trained for the position I was in and if possible Baloo or OWLs.  I would check with your council (Circle 10, right) and see what they are requiring for the course.

      For the training dates, you can go to other districts and even other councils/districts (if you want to drive) to obtain the training.  Check out councils around you and see if they are close enough to hit the training if you can't make your own.

      YIS,
      Staci