Re: new CS leader specific

  • dmcdlgcs
    Message 1 of 66 , Oct 5, 2008
      We ran it yesterday as well. In our District, we ran the Position
      sections at the same time (with the exception of Pack Trainer) -
      which requires all of the extra computer equipment as we are using
      the ppt because we don't have enough copies of the revised DVD.

      Three of the 5 trainers finished within the 90 minutes (including
      myself) and any extra discussion was completed after the course. You
      can use the "post-it method" where people can write down questions
      that can be tackled at the end. The longer sessions were from a
      trainer that was not (I found out after) working from the ppt or DVD
      but ppt handouts instead, and the second was trainer who, I know,
      likes to embellish.

      I really think it is do-able with trainer training and a little, or
      maybe a lot, of practice. I think the exercises in the training are
      really important, too.

      Dawn Gent
      Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      Freedom Trail District (Delaware)
      EAGLE

      On Behalf Of Joe Parajecki
      > Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 5:50 PM
      > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: RE: [Scouter_T] new CS leader specific
      >
      > I did the First Part with Sandy today and I really liked it a lot.
      >
      > I was the guy doing the DL Training and I really liked this part
      too. The New syllabus flowed right.
      > I know as I use it to I will get closer to times but for first run
      just being a little over time with a ton of questions asked and
      > answered I feel good about it
      >
      > Joe Parajecki
      > _____

      On Behalf Of Sandra Martens
      > Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 3:56 PM
      > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [Scouter_T] new CS leader specific
      >
      > our council just ran the new training for the first time today.
      > really liked the first part- run as a pack meeting. we did an
      audience participation and a game during the training, as well as an
      > opening and closing the participants actually did. we kept with one
      theme throughout.

      > the trouble came with the second position specific training. i
      don't know how they think it can be done in about 90 minutes. our
      > first session done (DL) was done in 2 hrs and the rest were closer
      to 2 and a half hours. The CM/Comm session didn't get to the
      > practical exercises at all.
      >
      > i told my trainers, they must just want us to read the slides,
      answer no questions, and have no discussion.

      > have you had the same experience? we decided next session to give 2
      and a half hours on the flyers so people aren't mad we aren't
      > done in time.
      >
      > Sandy OWL

    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 66 of 66 , Oct 10, 2008
        But doesn't that only work if you were logged in to do the training?
        What if you are a new leader who hasn't gotten your registration card?
        You can create an identity (user name and password)?and take the training without a membership card. It just won't go on your ScoutNet record until your member number is added to your profile. And it will show the certificate, but again - no ScoutNet record.

        Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner