new CS leader specific

  • Sandra Martens
    Message 1 of 66 , Oct 4, 2008
      our council just ran the new training for the first time today.
      really liked the first part- run as a pack meeting. we did an
      audience participation and a game during the training, as well as an
      opening and closing the participants actually did. we kept with one
      theme throughout.

      the trouble came with the second position specific training. i
      don't know how they think it can be done in about 90 minutes. our
      first session done (DL) was done in 2 hrs and the rest were closer
      to 2 and a half hours. The CM/Comm session didn't get to the
      practical exercises at all.

      i told my trainers, they must just want us to read the slides,
      answer no questions, and have no discussion.

      have you had the same experience? we decided next session to give 2
      and a half hours on the flyers so people aren't mad we aren't done
      in time.

      Sandy OWL
    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 66 of 66 , Oct 10, 2008
        But doesn't that only work if you were logged in to do the training?
        What if you are a new leader who hasn't gotten your registration card?
        You can create an identity (user name and password)?and take the training without a membership card. It just won't go on your ScoutNet record until your member number is added to your profile. And it will show the certificate, but again - no ScoutNet record.

        Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner