Re: [Scouter_T] CS Specific training video/slides

  • Leslie
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
      I got a new one from my District Executive.
      ---
      Leslie

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
        Easy! You get the new DVD that National sent to your Council office for you.
        The new one ordered the slides in numeric order rather than alpha order.

        Me neither.

        There are wonderful folks on here who have reorganized the ppts. If they
        haven't responded by the time I get home, I can send them to you from my
        home 'puter.

        If you are in a bigger hurry than that, I recommend just using the .pdf
        versions of the powerpoints, also on the DVD. All the content and in the
        correct order, just have to scroll instead of click. And it may not be a
        smooth perfect fit.

        Teresa Hall

        On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Michael D. Myjak <
        mmyjak@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone figured out how to make the DVD that comes with the new CS
        > Specific training... work?
        >
        > -Michael
        > (beaver)

      • Ray Scott
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
          I agree on the bigger hurry part.

          Just last night, I used the pdf instead of the powerpoint. No problems for
          me, the pdf pages even advanced with my laptop's remote control.

          Ray Scott

          _____

          mmyjak@virtualworks <mailto:mmyjak%40virtualworkshop.com> hop.com> wrote:

          > Has anyone figured out how to make the DVD that comes with the new CS
          > Specific training... work?
          >
          > -Michael
          > (beaver)

        • rdlongva
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 16, 2008
            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Michael D. Myjak" <mmyjak@...>
            wrote:

            > Has anyone figured out how to make the DVD that comes with the new
            CS
            > Specific training... work?
            >
            > -Michael
            > (beaver)

            I am with Michael on this.

            I just unsealed a brand new copy of the syllabus and DVD yesterday
            and there are no PowerPoint files on the DVD. There is a PDF of a
            presentation, some handout files, an empty AUDIO_TS directory and a
            VIDEO_TS directory that contains a series of .BUP, .IFO and .VOB
            files. The DVD player software that came with my laptop (one year
            old) will
            not play this stuff.

            All the directories on this DVD (and all the underlying files) are
            dated 4-17-2008. The only exception on the file dates is the PDF. It
            is
            called 34785_2008_Slides.pdf and is dated 4-14-2008.

            We should have been more patient waiting on Naitonal to roll this out
            or hired it done. This new syllabus has turned into an never ending
            source of disappointment.

            Dean