On line sylabus

  • coalhakakids
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      I need to find an online version of District Chair/committee training.
      I do not have my training box and I am looking for the answer to a
      question that was asked of me this morning " What is the process for
      approval/election/selection/appointment of a District Committee chair?"
      I figured the easiest way would be to look in my sylabus but off course
      it is in one place and I am in another. Any help will be greatly
      appreciated.

      coalhakakids@...
    • Don Wilson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
        What you are looking for if the "District Nominating Committee
        Worksheet". (#33157C) Your DE should have one on had at all times.
        There is also a video (No. AV-06V006).

        Basically, the Nominating Committee meets to evaluate current Members
        at Large, to insure that they wish to remain on the Dist5ict
        Committee. The nominating Committee then accepts nominations from
        the members of the district, studies their qualifications, and if
        approved, makes contact to insure that they would accept their
        nomination.

        During this process the Nominating Committee is evaluating each
        current member and each new member to insure that "An individual of
        character recognized in the community as outstanding because of
        achievements as a leader, with executive recruiting and organizing
        ability that will inspire confidence and win support and cooperation
        for Scouting. This individual should be acceptable to the business
        leaders, the educators, and the religious leadership of the
        community" is determined. The Nominating Committee makes contact and
        interviews the possible candidate for Chairman.

        At the District Annual Meeting (held within 30 days of the Council
        Annual Business Meeting) the standing Chainman turns the meeting over
        to the Nominating Committee Chairman or his designate. The
        Nominating Committee's presents nominees for district members at
        large, calls for a motion, second and vote. Nominations from the
        floor are not accepted.

        The Nominating Committee chair or designate will then present the
        committee's nominees for district chairman and vice-chairmen; calls
        for a motion, second, and vote.

        The District Commissioner is to be an elected member at large, but is
        offered for appointment and approval by the council executive board.

        If any portion of the Nominating Committee's report is rejected, this
        portion must be reintroduced at a special or adjourned or recessed
        meeting of the district committee to be held within 30 days of the
        present meeting.

        In the event that a resolution is still not obtaines, the matter will
        be referred to the council president and/or executive board for the
        final resolution.

        That about covers the high points, but a firm understanding of the
        process is necessary for it to be successful.

        Don Wilson
        OHC 427

        -- Success is not the destination, it is the journey.