handouts

  • Bill Kuhfuss
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 30, 2008
      I'm looking for downloadable versions of the following handouts required for the new Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training
      we're doing this Saturday. (If I'm not mistaken, these items are not on the disk.)
      - Cub Scout Attendance and Dues
      - Cub Scout Den Record
      - Family Talent Survey Sheet
      - Pack Meeting Planning Chart 26-004
      - Tiger Cub Attendance and Dues
      - Tiger Cub Den Record
      Any help will be appreciated.
    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 30, 2008
        http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34-20.pdf
        http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34-19.pdf
        http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/FamilyTalentSurveySheet2008.pdf
        http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34-37.pdf
        http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34-18.pdf
        http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34-17.pdf

        In the order you listed.

        Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        3 Rivers District
        Scouting. Good for Life.

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 30, 2008
          1) http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34-20.pdf
          2) http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33828.pdf
          3) http://www.seattlebsa.org/sbsa_volunteers/VolandScoutsDocs/parentsurveycub.pdf
          4) Pack Program Planning Chart#26-004. (This chart is also in the Program Planning Insert in Cub ScoutProgram Helps.)
          5) http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34-18.pdf
          6) http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33221-34-17.pdf

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 30, 2008
            That's because they are on the BSA web site:
            http://www.scouting.org/CubScouts/CubScoutingForms/forms.aspx

            YiS,
            Ron Parks

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 30, 2008
              you will need other forms too - like the uniform guide (they have the old one only there) - they are found on: http://www.scouting.org/CubScouts/CubScoutingForms/forms.aspx

              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 30, 2008
                http://www.scouting.org/CubScouts/CubScoutingForms/forms.aspx

                has most of them, if not all.

                Teresa Hall
                Vulcan Cub Training Coordinator
                Greater AL Council

                On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Bill Kuhfuss <BKuhfuss@...> wrote:

                > I'm looking for downloadable versions of the following handouts required
                > for the new Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training
                > we're doing this Saturday. (If I'm not mistaken, these items are not on the
                > disk.)
                > - Cub Scout Attendance and Dues
                > - Cub Scout Den Record
                > - Family Talent Survey Sheet
                > - Pack Meeting Planning Chart 26-004
                > - Tiger Cub Attendance and Dues
                > - Tiger Cub Den Record
                > Any help will be appreciated.

              • Michael Crothers
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 30, 2008
                  The New Cub Scout Specific CD has most of the required handouts

                  The rest can be downloaded from the national web site http://www.scouting.org/

                  Please note the tour permite on the CD is the old one, the new one is on the national web site

                  Yours In Scouting

                  Mike Crothers

                  and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
                  and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                    all of those are in the back of the Cub Scout Leader Book.  Our council doesn't give these as handouts.  We give them the leader book with their training.  We also give them the program helps.

                    Sandy OWL

                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                      Sandy OWL,

                      Is there a fee for this training? If so, what is the cost? (In other
                      words.who pays for the CS Leader's Guide, Program Helps, etc.) Thanks for
                      sharing.

                      In Scouting Always,

                      Steve

                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                        we charge $15 for the CS basic except for Webelos who pay $20 because we include the Webelos Leader Guide (in place of the program helps)

                        however, if they already have the books we take the cost off- so if they have all their books the cost is $5 to cover trained card and patch, handouts, and kringle.

                        --- On Tue, 9/30/08, Bill Kuhfuss <BKuhfuss@k2bw. com

                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                            we charge $15 for the CS basic except for Webelos who pay $20 because we include the Webelos Leader Guide (in place of the program helps)?
                            __________

                            We also include the CS Leader book or the Webelos leader guide in our fees. We charge $8.00 for? CS Position Specific and $2.00 for NLE - so a whole day (8:30-2:00) is $10.00. We provide lunch for $6.00. This year we are charging a $10.00 walk-in fee for those who don't pre register. We used to charge as much as 20 for this training, but the council subsidizes some of our costs now.

                            Pack Trainer, Pack 512
                            Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
                            Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                            Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
                            3 Rivers District
                            Scouting. Good for Life.

                          • Chad C. Cooper
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                              Northern Star Council has had some strong support and we are able to
                              give our attendees the Cub Scout Leader Book, G2SS and a council
                              calendar/info booklet without charge. We do not include the Program
                              Helps. Those districts in our area that charge for training are usually
                              covering their costs for facilities, food and other misc supplies. My
                              district has been able to get free facilities and we have been able to
                              avoid charging a fee to our attendees.

                              - Chad
                              Chief Black Dog, Norther Star Council

                            • tttrack@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                In Old Hickory Council, we do not charge for CS, BS or Venturing position
                                specific or NLE. They are asked to bring a bag lunch, and the council
                                furnishes snacks and drinks. When we did charge, doubling the course cost did not
                                make a difference in folks signing up ahead of time. They would rather pay
                                the extra than sign up a week in advance.

                                With no cost, no food, we don't have to worry about how many show up. Our
                                facilities are free. No books are furnished but are sometimes offered for
                                sale at the courses.

                                Tom Travis
                                OHC Training Chair

                                Steven Powell wrote:

                                > Sandy OWL,
                                >
                                > Is there a fee for this training? If so, what is the cost? (In other
                                > words.who pays for the CS Leader's Guide, Program Helps, etc.) Thanks for
                                > sharing.
                                >
                                > In Scouting Always,
                                >
                                > Steve
                                >
                                > From: _scouter_t@yahoogrouscoute_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com)
                                <mailto:scouter_mailto:scouter_mai>

                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                  For those of you who charge fees and give books, is there a reduced fee if
                                  someone already has a current Cub Scout Leader Book and doesn't need
                                  another?

                                  Teresa

                                  On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 11:07 AM, <tttrack@...> wrote:

                                  > In Old Hickory Council, we do not charge for CS, BS or Venturing position
                                  > specific or NLE. They are asked to bring a bag lunch, and the council
                                  > furnishes snacks and drinks. When we did charge, doubling the course cost
                                  > did not
                                  > make a difference in folks signing up ahead of time. They would rather
                                  > pay
                                  > the extra than sign up a week in advance.
                                  >
                                  > With no cost, no food, we don't have to worry about how many show up. Our
                                  > facilities are free. No books are furnished but are sometimes offered for
                                  > sale at the courses.
                                  >
                                  > Tom Travis
                                  > OHC Training Chair
                                  >

                                  > In a message dated 10/1/2008 11:39:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                  > chadc@... writes:
                                  >

                                  > Northern Star Council has had some strong support and we are able to
                                  > give our attendees the Cub Scout Leader Book, G2SS and a council
                                  > calendar/info booklet without charge. We do not include the Program
                                  > Helps. Those districts in our area that charge for training are usually
                                  > covering their costs for facilities, food and other misc supplies. My
                                  > district has been able to get free facilities and we have been able to
                                  > avoid charging a fee to our attendees.
                                  >
                                  > - Chad
                                  > Chief Black Dog, Norther Star Council
                                  >
                                  > Steven Powell wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Sandy OWL,
                                  > >
                                  > > Is there a fee for this training? If so, what is the cost? (In other
                                  > > words.who pays for the CS Leader's Guide, Program Helps, etc.) Thanks
                                  > for
                                  > > sharing.
                                  > >
                                  > > In Scouting Always,
                                  > >
                                  > > Steve
                                  > >
                                  > > From: _scouter_t@yahoogrouscoute_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com)
                                  > <mailto:scouter_mailto:scouter_mai>

                                • Jamie Niss Dunn
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                    With no cost, no food, we don't have to worry about how many show up. Our
                                    facilities are free.

                                    ++++++++++++++++++
                                    Unfortunately, it is next to impossible in our district to find a facility which can accomodate 50-120 people which will not charge us. $75.00 is about the minimum we have to pay. If we tell them to bring lunch, they "forget". Then they expect to leave the building to eat. Some of our locations have no convenient fast food. Even when there is, they take more than the time allotted for lunch, and hold up the course re-starting. On site food makes them a captive audience. Our learners appreciate that we stick to the time schedule and get them out when we say we will.

                                    If they don't pre-register, how do you know how many handouts to make? and how do you pay for the handouts and training cards and patches? Right now if 40 people register, at least I know to make 80 copies :)

                                    Your comment about the penalty fee depresses me. It gets really frustrating to consistently not have enough materials or trainers or rooms, because people don't preregister. Some of our districts have online registration. We hope to add this soon, and hope that will improve the situations.

                                    Don't get me wrong, we're thrilled to train as many people as we do. In a typical year, 300 or more Cub Scout leaders attend one or another of our courses (and others go out of district for training).

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                      No we tell them to give them to others in the pack. Someone can always benefit........

                                      connie

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                        Council pays for patches and handouts. We generally have enough to handle
                                        almost any turnout. We do both council level and district level courses, with
                                        attendance generally 30 to 35 at each course. There is a council training
                                        box and one for each district that all materials, including handouts are in.
                                        DE is responsible for the box, district training chair or council coordinator
                                        for that training responsible to see that they are kept up to date.

                                        If they did not bring anything to eat (am not aware of that being a big
                                        problem) some go out (fast food is usually close) or snacks and drinks.

                                        For over 20 years we tried everything in the world to get folks to sign up
                                        ahead of time. Usual fee was $10.00 including lunch, late fee $20.00. Most
                                        signed up within 3 days of the course. All I was doing was making a lot of
                                        money for the council, and having no impact on signing up. I gave up. Without
                                        food as a factor, I don't care how many show up, and with it being free,
                                        hopefully it brings in leaders who might be unable to attend, otherwise.

                                        Churches and some Community Colleges allow us to use their facilities for
                                        free, as long as we clean up after ourselves. With no food, clean up is easy,
                                        as we do not use their kitchens.

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
                                          our council reduces the price if you already have the books- down to a minimum of $5 to cover patch, trained card, handouts, and kringle.  there is a coffee kitty to cover coffee and hot chocolate costs.

                                          Sandy owL

                                          On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 11:07 AM, <tttrack@aol. com> wrote:

                                          > In Old Hickory Council, we do not charge for CS, BS or Venturing position
                                          > specific or NLE. They are asked to bring a bag lunch, and the council
                                          > furnishes snacks and drinks. When we did charge, doubling the course cost
                                          > did not
                                          > make a difference in folks signing up ahead of time. They would rather
                                          > pay
                                          > the extra than sign up a week in advance.
                                          >
                                          > With no cost, no food, we don't have to worry about how many show up. Our
                                          > facilities are free. No books are furnished but are sometimes offered for
                                          > sale at the courses.
                                          >
                                          > Tom Travis
                                          > OHC Training Chair
                                          >

                                          > In a message dated 10/1/2008 11:39:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                          > chadc@charter. net writes:
                                          >

                                          > Northern Star Council has had some strong support and we are able to
                                          > give our attendees the Cub Scout Leader Book, G2SS and a council
                                          > calendar/info booklet without charge. We do not include the Program
                                          > Helps. Those districts in our area that charge for training are usually
                                          > covering their costs for facilities, food and other misc supplies. My
                                          > district has been able to get free facilities and we have been able to
                                          > avoid charging a fee to our attendees.
                                          >
                                          > - Chad
                                          > Chief Black Dog, Norther Star Council
                                          >
                                          > Steven Powell wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Sandy OWL,
                                          > >
                                          > > Is there a fee for this training? If so, what is the cost? (In other
                                          > > words.who pays for the CS Leader's Guide, Program Helps, etc.) Thanks
                                          > for
                                          > > sharing.
                                          > >
                                          > > In Scouting Always,
                                          > >
                                          > > Steve
                                          > >
                                          > > From: _scouter_t@yahoogro uscoute_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogrou ps.com)
                                          > <mailto:scouter_ mailto:scouter_ mai>

                                        • Russ Sinclair
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Oct 2, 2008
                                            Sandy,

                                            You wouldn't happen to be my Night Owl SR-735 Owl would you????

                                            Russ Sinclair

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Oct 2, 2008
                                              nope-  sorry.  i'm from C-CS-11

                                              Sorry