Re: Pack Trainer!

  • scoutinglady
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2008
      I'd love to hear about what you all did as well!

      Scoutinglady

    • ed5870@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 23, 2008
        Mike is this a training from National or one you put together?

        Ed Harvey
        Training Chair
        Dutchess District Hudson Valley Council
        Ever Scout deserves a Trained Leader

        The Baden-Powell Council Training Committee just (at 12:30 PM EST
        today) completed it's second TTTNCSLT (Train the Trainer for the new
        Cub Scout Leader Training) with 19 pack trainers being trained. Along
        with the 7 pack trainers trained in June and the 8 staff members,
        that's 34 Pack Trainers trained in presenting the new training. We
        combined the Pack Trainer training with a few introductory elements
        from TDC and our local policies and procedures to develop a 3 hour
        syllabus.

        As the district training chair in a district where 25 of these
        trainers reside, I'm excited!

        Mike Homrighaus
        District Training Chair
        Taughannock District
        Baden-Powell Council, NY-PA

      • Michael Homrighaus
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 24, 2008
          We put this training together. We do an intro to the new training
          (order of components, requirements), Pack Trainer Specific Training,
          alternate means of presentation (I did powerpoint via projector, but we
          also have it on an 8.5x11 ring binder-sized flip chart and on a
          laptop). We then did some information on paperwork (training attendance
          report, et al), promotion, pizzaz for small groups, and some
          motivational stuff. Took about 3.5 hours.

          Mike Homrighaus
          District Training Chairman
          Taughannock District, Baden-Powell Council

          PS: Ed, my wife is from Dutchess County, and we both worked at Camp
          Nooteeming the summer we were married. (1971)
        • Rick Rambo
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 24, 2008
            As usual - will you be willing to share so we do not have to re-invent the
            wheel?

            Thanks

            Rick Rambo

            Cascade Pacific Council

            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination,
            or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and
            evidence." -John Adams

            _____

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 25, 2008
              Mike keep lighting the fire

              In a message dated 9/24/2008 8:26:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              mhomrigh@... writes:

              We put this training together. We do an intro to the new training
              (order of components, requirements)(order of components, requirements)<WB