Re: [Scouter_T] Pack Trainer!

  • Sandra Martens
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
      what did you add from the TDC and what local procedures?  sounds interesting.

      Sandy OWL

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 15, 2008
        I'd love to hear about what you all did as well!

        Scoutinglady

      • ed5870@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 23, 2008
          Mike is this a training from National or one you put together?

          Ed Harvey
          Training Chair
          Dutchess District Hudson Valley Council
          Ever Scout deserves a Trained Leader

          The Baden-Powell Council Training Committee just (at 12:30 PM EST
          today) completed it's second TTTNCSLT (Train the Trainer for the new
          Cub Scout Leader Training) with 19 pack trainers being trained. Along
          with the 7 pack trainers trained in June and the 8 staff members,
          that's 34 Pack Trainers trained in presenting the new training. We
          combined the Pack Trainer training with a few introductory elements
          from TDC and our local policies and procedures to develop a 3 hour
          syllabus.

          As the district training chair in a district where 25 of these
          trainers reside, I'm excited!

          Mike Homrighaus
          District Training Chair
          Taughannock District
          Baden-Powell Council, NY-PA

        • Michael Homrighaus
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 24, 2008
            We put this training together. We do an intro to the new training
            (order of components, requirements), Pack Trainer Specific Training,
            alternate means of presentation (I did powerpoint via projector, but we
            also have it on an 8.5x11 ring binder-sized flip chart and on a
            laptop). We then did some information on paperwork (training attendance
            report, et al), promotion, pizzaz for small groups, and some
            motivational stuff. Took about 3.5 hours.

            Mike Homrighaus
            District Training Chairman
            Taughannock District, Baden-Powell Council

            PS: Ed, my wife is from Dutchess County, and we both worked at Camp
            Nooteeming the summer we were married. (1971)
          • Rick Rambo
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 24, 2008
              As usual - will you be willing to share so we do not have to re-invent the
              wheel?

              Thanks

              Rick Rambo

              Cascade Pacific Council

              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination,
              or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and
              evidence." -John Adams

              _____

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 25, 2008
                Mike keep lighting the fire

                In a message dated 9/24/2008 8:26:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                mhomrigh@... writes:

                We put this training together. We do an intro to the new training
                (order of components, requirements)(order of components, requirements)<WB