Scouting on the go

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2008
      Here is something that those of you new to the Scouting program,
      and even those of you who are experienced Scouters, may find helpful.

      I listen to several podcasts that are about Scouting.
      I find to to be informative and quite helpful.
      The ones I have discovered so far are:

      An Hour A Week
      http://www.cubmasterchris.com/
      A podcast done by a cubmaster about his experiences in the Pack.
      Excellent podcast for pack leaders and committee members.

      The Leader's Campfire
      http://www.leaderscampfire.com/
      A podcast with a lot of helpful hints about being a pack or troop
      leader. It is done by two experienced Scouters, and occasional other
      Scouters join them.

      The Scoutmaster Minute Show
      http://thescoutmasterminutepodcast.wordpress.com/
      A podcast by a scoutmaster about Boy Scout topics.
      An excellent podcast for troop leaders and committee.

      Melrose Scouting Productions Podcast
      http://feeds.feedburner.com/melrosescoutingproductions
      This is a video podcast featuring skits, songs, and troop activities.
      Very entertaining.

      The four podcasts listed above are a part of the
      PTC Media network that can be found at
      http://www.ptcmedia.net/

      The BSA also produces an audio podcast for Cub Scout leaders
      called Cubcast. It can be found at
      http://www.scouting.org/CubScouts/Cubcast.aspx

      Check out the sites, download them to your computer, and transfer them
      to your iPod or mp3 players to listen to on your ride to work, on your
      run or walk, or anytime you wish to..