RE: [Scouter_T] Baloo Letter

  • Roy Fisher
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2008
      I'm sorry if I'm late to this party, but IMO if the course staff mean that
      much to you, why go with a canned, off-the-shelf, someone else's idea
      certificate of appreciation. To me this is a meaningful as the
      everybody-gets-one participation medals and ribbons and "awards" that
      society is so fond of presenting that have no meaning or sincerity at all.

      If you really want to thank them, make it personal and make it from YOU.
      Just telling them "thanks for the help" is again IMO, better than a canned
      certificate.

      YIS

      Roy Fisher

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 8, 2008
        I have to agree, sometimes those seemingly small and insignificant gifts are
        those that mean the most. A simple thank you is often enough. I recently
        finished as the Scoutmaster for a Wood Badge course and the most meaningful
        thanks were the tears and the handshakes as the participants left the field
        on the last day. My staff presented me with a mounted bobwhite that now
        sits in a prominent spot in the curio cabinet along with my wife's beavers
        and antelopes and my other bobwhites. It doesn't take much to say thanks,
        but it needs to be said.

        Randy Sessions

        Council Trng Chair

        Quivira Council