Re: [Scouter_T] Baloo Letter

  • Sandra Martens
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2008
      instead of a letter, I always give my staff fun thank you's, like animals, dream catchers, etc and write the course dates on it (I base it on the theme of the campfire we have during the course and give it to them during the campfire).

      Sandy OWL

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2008
        I'm sorry if I'm late to this party, but IMO if the course staff mean that
        much to you, why go with a canned, off-the-shelf, someone else's idea
        certificate of appreciation. To me this is a meaningful as the
        everybody-gets-one participation medals and ribbons and "awards" that
        society is so fond of presenting that have no meaning or sincerity at all.

        If you really want to thank them, make it personal and make it from YOU.
        Just telling them "thanks for the help" is again IMO, better than a canned
        certificate.

        YIS

        Roy Fisher

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 8, 2008
          I have to agree, sometimes those seemingly small and insignificant gifts are
          those that mean the most. A simple thank you is often enough. I recently
          finished as the Scoutmaster for a Wood Badge course and the most meaningful
          thanks were the tears and the handshakes as the participants left the field
          on the last day. My staff presented me with a mounted bobwhite that now
          sits in a prominent spot in the curio cabinet along with my wife's beavers
          and antelopes and my other bobwhites. It doesn't take much to say thanks,
          but it needs to be said.

          Randy Sessions

          Council Trng Chair

          Quivira Council