Re: [Scouter_T] Baloo Letter

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2008
      I have certificates up the wazoo after 19 years of doing this. What I value
      are the handwritten thank you notes which someone took the time and thought to
      send. Which is why I try periodically to do the same for those who serve on
      my training staffs.

      Pack Trainer, P. 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      3 Rivers District
      Scouting. Good For Life.

      In a message dated 9/5/2008 10:32:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      bkenton@... writes:

      All,
      Does anyone have a nice Baloo letter, suitable for framing, that
      they've used in the past to give to their BALOO course co-ordinator?
      I'm looking for one and haven't had much luck.

      thanks,
      Bill

    • Sandra Martens
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2008
        instead of a letter, I always give my staff fun thank you's, like animals, dream catchers, etc and write the course dates on it (I base it on the theme of the campfire we have during the course and give it to them during the campfire).

        Sandy OWL

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2008
          I'm sorry if I'm late to this party, but IMO if the course staff mean that
          much to you, why go with a canned, off-the-shelf, someone else's idea
          certificate of appreciation. To me this is a meaningful as the
          everybody-gets-one participation medals and ribbons and "awards" that
          society is so fond of presenting that have no meaning or sincerity at all.

          If you really want to thank them, make it personal and make it from YOU.
          Just telling them "thanks for the help" is again IMO, better than a canned
          certificate.

          YIS

          Roy Fisher

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 8, 2008
            I have to agree, sometimes those seemingly small and insignificant gifts are
            those that mean the most. A simple thank you is often enough. I recently
            finished as the Scoutmaster for a Wood Badge course and the most meaningful
            thanks were the tears and the handshakes as the participants left the field
            on the last day. My staff presented me with a mounted bobwhite that now
            sits in a prominent spot in the curio cabinet along with my wife's beavers
            and antelopes and my other bobwhites. It doesn't take much to say thanks,
            but it needs to be said.

            Randy Sessions

            Council Trng Chair

            Quivira Council