Re: [Scouter_T] Weather Hazard Training

  • Michael Crothers
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 2, 2008
      I can't say for sure, but I told by a Cub Scout division professional at national that it was their to plan have all training done on line except outdoor type such as Baloo, IOLS, IOLSWL and leader specific training which will be done locally by instructors.

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 29, 2008
        Does anyone have the training in a format that can be used with
        individuals/groups off-line?

        I have some non-computer savy leaders that we need this for.

        Thanks for any help.

        Tom Travis
        Old Hickory
        Training Chair
        SE-62 Trail Quail
      • Joseph Jansen
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 29, 2008
          One option is to go to the online training and print out copies for
          your participants. If you can direct me to the training you will be
          using, I can be of further help.

          Joe Jansen

          On 10/29/08, apatschin75 <tttrack@...> wrote:
          > Does anyone have the training in a format that can be used with
          > individuals/groups off-line?
          >
          > I have some non-computer savy leaders that we need this for.
          >
          > Thanks for any help.
          >
          > Tom Travis
          > Old Hickory
          > Training Chair
          > SE-62 Trail Quail

        • David Eaker
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 29, 2008
            What about doing it online as a group with a projector? Wouldn�t that work?

            dme

            David M. Eaker

            214-421-4600

            972-772-8005

            Rockwall, Texas

            This email address is for listserve purposes only.

            To contact directly, send email to HYPERLINK
            "mailto:David@..."David@...

            _____

            Does anyone have the training in a format that can be used with
            individuals/-groups off-line?

            I have some non-computer savy leaders that we need this for.

            Thanks for any help.

            Tom Travis
            Old Hickory
            Training Chair
            SE-62 Trail Quail

            Checked by AVG.
            7:45 AM

            Checked by AVG.
            7:45 AM

          • Lisa
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 29, 2008
              apatschin75 wrote:
              > Does anyone have the training in a format that can be used with
              > individuals/groups off-line?
              >
              > I have some non-computer savy leaders that we need this for.

              Is pointing them to their local library out of the question? Most have
              public computers available with Internet access.

              Lisa Titus
              Cubmaster & Webelos Den Co-Leader
              Pack 358 http://www.pack358.us
              Daniel Webster Council http://www.nhscouting.org/
              I used to be a Bear ...
              NE-I-250

            • Brant Lippincott
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 29, 2008
                Unless I've missed something, this class is not neeed by EVERYONE, but someone who is attending the campout must take it and get credit for it - in the form of a completion card.  Kinda like BALOO.  I'm not sure how you'd award those in a group setting.  If you had a few who got credit, you should be OK...

                But, this sounds like a good idea for a Pack Trainer to have many parents be aware of what the course teaches - maybe without credit.

                Brant

                "mailto:David@..."David@EakerLawFirm..com

                  _____

                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 29, 2008
                  I made the group training suggestion as a way to provide training that is
                  otherwise only available online to individuals that were reportedly
                  �non-computer savy.� It would allow someone that is computer savy to
                  operate the online training and provide the lesson to those in attendance.

                  David

                  David Eaker

                  Heath, Texas

                  _____

                  What about doing it online as a group with a projector? Wouldn�t that work?

                  dme

                  David M. Eaker

                  214-421-4600

                  972-772-8005

                  Rockwall, Texas

                  This email address is for listserve purposes only.

                  To contact directly, send email to HYPERLINK
                  "mailto:HYPERLINK
                  "mailto:David%40EakerLawFirm.com"David@EakerLawFirm.-com"HYPERLINK

                  From: HYPERLINK
                  "mailto:scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com"scouter_t@...
                  Does anyone have the training in a format that can be used with
                  individuals/--groups off-line?

                  I have some non-computer savy leaders that we need this for.

                  Thanks for any help..

                  Tom Travis
                  Old Hickory
                  Training Chair
                  SE-62 Trail Quail

                  Checked by AVG.
                  7:45 AM

                  Checked by AVG.
                  7:45 AM

                  HYPERLINK
                  "mailto:scouter_t-help%40yahoogroups.com"scouter_t-help@-yahoogroups.-com

                  Scouting The Net - HYPERLINK
                  "http://www.ScoutingTheNet.com/Yahoo"http://www.Scouting-TheNet.com/-Yahoo!
                  Groups Links

                  Checked by AVG.
                  7:45 AM

                  Checked by AVG.
                  7:45 AM

                • tttrack@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 29, 2008
                    My district training chair is a bit computer challenged!!!

                    Thanks

                    Tom Travis

                    In a message dated 10/29/2008 11:00:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                    list@... writes:

[...]

                    **************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot
                    5 Travel Deals!
                    (http://travel.aol.com/discount-travel?ncid=emlcntustrav00000001)

                  • Michael Crothers

                      "mailto:David@EakerLawFirm. com"David@EakerLawFirm. .com

                      � _____�

                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 29, 2008
                        i learned alot that i did not kow from this and i wanted to make a digital
                        copy and have not yet.

                      • Judy Yeager
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 29, 2008
                          Even though we are in a fairly large urban area, Kansas City Metro Area, our Council covers 19 counties in Kansas and Missouri. Some of the outlying areas are very rural and folks in those areas often have to use dial up and pay for internet service by the minute. So, online training is not a good option for these folks as it can get expensive.

                          For that reason, we are looking for a way to offer this training off line in our rural outlying areas. I am a bog proponent of always having a Plan B for any online training or any technology based training, but that doesn't seem to be the current trend.

                          Judy Yeager

                        • eagle9252
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 29, 2008
                            well i have captured all the pics on the Weather Hazard Training and now i
                            have to put it into a power point i hope to have it by Thursday night.
                            please send me a request if you would like it so i can e-mail it to you.
                            also so of it you will have to ab live some of it but it is pretty simple
                            and straight forward.

                          • stephen_lovewellmtn@comcast.net
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 30, 2008
                              please send it to stephen@...
                              well i have captured all the pics on the Weather Hazard Training and now i
                              have to put it into a power point i hope to have it by Thursday night.
                              please send me a request if you would like it so i can e-mail it to you.
                              also so of it you will have to ab live some of it but it is pretty simple
                              and straight forward.

                              On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Judy Yeager < kcjscout@... > wrote:

                              > Even though we are in a fairly large urban area, Kansas City Metro Area,
                              > our Council covers 19 counties in Kansas and Missouri. Some of the outlying
                              > areas are very rural and folks in those areas often have to use dial up and
                              > pay for internet service by the minute. So, online training is not a good
                              > option for these folks as it can get expensive.
                              >
                              > For that reason, we are looking for a way to offer this training off line
                              > in our rural outlying areas. I am a bog proponent of always having a Plan B
                              > for any online training or any technology based training, but that doesn't
                              > seem to be the current trend.
                              >
                              > Judy Yeager

                            • Twin Valley Cub Training staff
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 30, 2008
                                I would love a copy.  Thank you.

                                Yours In Scouting,

                                Jeff Biehl
                                Cub Scout Training Chairman
                                Twin Valley District
                                San Francisco Bay Area Council

                                Stay Informed, Attend Roundtable!
                                2nd Thursday every month @ 7:30pm
                                      6289 Madigan Road, Dublin

                                Why?  Because Every Cub Scout Deserves a TRAINED Leader!

                                On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Judy Yeager <kcjscout@everestkc. net> wrote:

                                > Even though we are in a fairly large urban area, Kansas City Metro Area,
                                > our Council covers 19 counties in Kansas and Missouri. Some of the outlying
                                > areas are very rural and folks in those areas often have to use dial up and
                                > pay for internet service by the minute. So, online training is not a good
                                > option for these folks as it can get expensive.
                                >
                                > For that reason, we are looking for a way to offer this training off line
                                > in our rural outlying areas. I am a bog proponent of always having a Plan B
                                > for any online training or any technology based training, but that doesn't
                                > seem to be the current trend.
                                >
                                > Judy Yeager

                              • eagle9252
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 30, 2008
                                  i have it completed. i hope i have everyone that requested it. the files
                                  area is full. all together its 11 power points and around 12 mb .

                                  On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Twin Valley Cub Training staff <
                                  tvcubtrainers@...> wrote:

                                  > I would love a copy. Thank you.
                                  >
                                  > Yours In Scouting,
                                  >
                                  > Jeff Biehl
                                  > Cub Scout Training Chairman
                                  > Twin Valley District
                                  > San Francisco Bay Area Council
                                  >
                                  > Stay Informed, Attend Roundtable!
                                  > 2nd Thursday every month @ 7:30pm
                                  > 6289 Madigan Road, Dublin
                                  >
                                  > Why? Because Every Cub Scout Deserves a TRAINED Leader!
                                  >
                                  > --- On Wed, 10/29/08, eagle9252 <eagle9252@...<eagle9252%40gmail.com>>
                                  > wrote:
                                  >
                                  > From: eagle9252 <eagle9252@... <eagle9252%40gmail.com>>
                                  > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] Weather Hazard Training
                                  > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com <scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com>
                                  > Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 7:56 PM
                                  >
                                  > well i have captured all the pics on the Weather Hazard Training and now i
                                  > have to put it into a power point i hope to have it by Thursday night.
                                  > please send me a request if you would like it so i can e-mail it to you.
                                  > also so of it you will have to ab live some of it but it is pretty simple
                                  > and straight forward.
                                  >
                                  > On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Judy Yeager <kcjscout@everestkc. net>
                                  > wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Even though we are in a fairly large urban area, Kansas City Metro Area,
                                  > > our Council covers 19 counties in Kansas and Missouri. Some of the
                                  > outlying
                                  > > areas are very rural and folks in those areas often have to use dial up
                                  > and
                                  > > pay for internet service by the minute. So, online training is not a good
                                  > > option for these folks as it can get expensive.
                                  > >
                                  > > For that reason, we are looking for a way to offer this training off line
                                  > > in our rural outlying areas. I am a bog proponent of always having a Plan
                                  > > for any online training or any technology based training, but that
                                  > doesn't
                                  > > seem to be the current trend.
                                  > >
                                  > > Judy Yeager

                                • Rick Rambo
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 30, 2008
                                    You could always use a service such as http://www.yousendit.com/.

                                    This is a free website for casual users - they also have a pay service for
                                    serious file sharing.

                                    What I usually do is put my address for the sharing link and then email the
                                    link out to whoever I want. You can send files up to 100 MB and the link
                                    will be good for seven days or 100 downloads.

                                    Rick Rambo

                                    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination,
                                    or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and
                                    evidence." -John Adams

                                    _____

                                    tvcubtrainers@ <mailto:tvcubtrainers%40yahoo.com> yahoo.com> wrote:

                                    > I would love a copy. Thank you.
                                    >
                                    > Yours In Scouting,
                                    >
                                    > Jeff Biehl
                                    > Cub Scout Training Chairman
                                    > Twin Valley District
                                    > San Francisco Bay Area Council
                                    >
                                    > Stay Informed, Attend Roundtable!
                                    > 2nd Thursday every month @ 7:30pm
                                    > 6289 Madigan Road, Dublin
                                    >
                                    > Why? Because Every Cub Scout Deserves a TRAINED Leader!
                                    >
                                    > --- On Wed, 10/29/08, eagle9252 <eagle9252@gmail.
                                    <mailto:eagle9252%40gmail.com> com<eagle9252%40gmail.com>>
                                    > wrote:
                                    >
                                    > From: eagle9252 <eagle9252@gmail. <mailto:eagle9252%40gmail.com> com
                                    <eagle9252%40gmail.com>>
                                    > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] Weather Hazard Training
                                    > To: scouter_t@yahoogrou <mailto:scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
                                    <scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com>
                                    > Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 7:56 PM
                                    >
                                    > well i have captured all the pics on the Weather Hazard Training and now i
                                    > have to put it into a power point i hope to have it by Thursday night.
                                    > please send me a request if you would like it so i can e-mail it to you.
                                    > also so of it you will have to ab live some of it but it is pretty simple
                                    > and straight forward.
                                    >
                                    > On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Judy Yeager <kcjscout@everestkc. net>
                                    > wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > Even though we are in a fairly large urban area, Kansas City Metro Area,
                                    > > our Council covers 19 counties in Kansas and Missouri. Some of the
                                    > outlying
                                    > > areas are very rural and folks in those areas often have to use dial up
                                    > and
                                    > > pay for internet service by the minute. So, online training is not a
                                    good
                                    > > option for these folks as it can get expensive.
                                    > >
                                    > > For that reason, we are looking for a way to offer this training off
                                    line
                                    > > in our rural outlying areas. I am a bog proponent of always having a
                                    Plan
                                    > > for any online training or any technology based training, but that
                                    > doesn't
                                    > > seem to be the current trend.
                                    > >
                                    > > Judy Yeager

                                  • eagle9252
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 30, 2008
                                      this is good to know, thanx

                                      On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Rick Rambo <rickram@...> wrote:

                                      > You could always use a service such as http://www.yousendit.com/.
                                      >
                                      > This is a free website for casual users - they also have a pay service for
                                      > serious file sharing.
                                      >
                                      > What I usually do is put my address for the sharing link and then email the
                                      > link out to whoever I want. You can send files up to 100 MB and the link
                                      > will be good for seven days or 100 downloads.
                                      >
                                      > Rick Rambo
                                      >
                                      > "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our
                                      > inclination,
                                      > or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and
                                      > evidence." -John Adams
                                      >
                                      > _____

                                    • Michael Crothers