Re: [Scouter_T] Re: SPAM

  • Brant Lippincott
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27 6:07 AM
      Frightening...
      I don't know how the folks affected had thier account hijacked, but it kind of underscores the need for STRONG passwords.  Mix of letters and numbers - upper and lower case.
      There was a story on the net a week or two back.  The most common password is "password"...  I forget the others except "blink182" - which is the name of a rock band.
      Your router (if you have one) and it's wireless - needs to have it's password changed and changed to one of the secure connection methods.  Out of the box, many default to "open" with a userid of "admin" and password is "password"...  Even if you are not using the wireless part - change to one of the secure methods and put in a STRONG password.  People drive thru neighborhoods looking for open connections.  They can gain access to your network.
      Brant