Cub Scout ASL

  • Ilively@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2008
      I found a resource where you can purchase resources:
      http://www.lessontutor.com/ltstore1.html
      I suggest looking at the Girls Scout example before purchasing these -- to be sure this is what you want

      It's not LANDSCAPE, but a little magic with an image editor, and it could be:
      Page 5
      http://www.tequestadistrict.org/PDF/CubRoundFeb2004.pdf

      Here's one that shows some of the signs:
      http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pages-signs/c/cubscoutoath.htm

      You have to remember that ASL doesn't spell every word. They typically use the "important" words, leaving out 'unnecessary' connectors. As an example

      I pledge allegiance
      to the flag of the United States of America
      and to the republic, for which it stands
      One nation, under God,
      indivisible
      with Liberty and Justice for all

      ASL version

      Me Support (sign support with strong commitment, not namby pamby)
      flag U-S America
      republic which stands
      One Nation Under God
      Not divisible
      with Liberty Justice for A-L-L (A-L-L is finger spelled)

      or

      Scout Promise
      On my honor
      I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country
      and to Obey the Scout Law;
      To help other people at all times,
      To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

      ASL
      On My Honor
      Do my best do my duty God and Country
      Obey Scout Law
      Help Other People A-L-L Times
      Keep Myself Strong Focused and Do Straight