Re: Scoutnet

  • Ilively@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24, 2008
      Scoutnet is only as good as the data put into it. It's the same as with any database ... garbage in, garbage out.

      When the absolute switch to Scoutnet was happening, *my council* (read: YOUR council might not be the same) went through and updated records for those that they had on hand -- back 1 or 2 years, thinking that they were the 'current' leaders. (I know, because *I* verified their entry.)

      Does anyone else see a 'flaw' in this? It doesn't cover the 'dinosaur' leaders (the ones who have been trained since the beginning of time), who took the 'legacy' courses. My Troop's SM took his training, and even WB, "back in the day", but is listed in the system as "untrained."

      Oh, forgot to mention ... that 2 year entry ... that's PROVIDING that the council office had all of the Training Attendance Report sheets for that time period -- which they did not, because there were some Course Directors who were not so vigilant with their record keeping -- and the Council Training Chair allowed them to be sloppy.

      But, we here on this list are not that sloppy. We are vigilant. We turn in our training reports within DAYS of the completion of the course. We make sure that the training chairs in our other districts get copies of the reports -- especially when one of 'their' scouters attend. And, even better, we send copies to other COUNCILS when we have out of council people attending our course. STOP LAUGHING!!!! OF COURSE WE DO!!! Okay. We're human. When we forget to send a report ... well, that's why we give them TRAINED CARDS!!!!

      Ida
      - former Nittany Mountain District Training Chair, Juniata Valley Council