New BALOO Syllabus

  • apatschin75
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
      Thanks for a little (OK, maybe a lot!!!) help from Jim Rooney, the
      syllabus can be found at:

      Posted at: http://www.pack841.com/docs/New_BALOO_Syllabus.pdf

      Tom Travis
    • Michael Crothers
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
        Yes it is posted in the file section of scouter_t

        Yours In Scouting

        Mike Crothers

        Assistant District Commissioner
        Spanish Trails District
        Catalina Council

        and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
        and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 19, 2012
          Thank you so much! Your electronic .pdf BALOO Syllabus was super helpful!

          Paul Rhien
          District Director
          Great Southwest Council, BSA

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@...> wrote:

          > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in 3 parts in PDF
          >
          > Yours In Scouting
          >

          > Mike Crothers
          >

          > Assistant District Commissioner
          > Spanish Trails District
          > Catalina Council

          > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

        • Herb
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 23, 2012
            No offense but I would never present a power point that is that long.

            Herb Dulzo
            CAC

          • ed5870@aol.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 23, 2012
              That's a PDF not a Power Point it is a digitized version of the syllabus.

              Ed Harvey
              Dutchess District Training Chair
              Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

              --- In _scouter_t@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com) ,
              "gswcpaul" <paulrhien@...> wrote:

              > Thank you so much! Your electronic .pdf BALOO Syllabus was super helpful!
              >
              > Paul Rhien
              > District Director
              > Great Southwest Council, BSA
              >
              > --- In _scouter_t@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com) ,
              Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@> wrote:

              > > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in 3
              parts in PDF

              > > Yours In Scouting
              > >

              > > Mike Crothers
              > >

              > > Assistant District Commissioner
              > > Spanish Trails District
              > > Catalina Council
              > >

              > > I used to be a good old Bob White NE-CS-11
              > > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
              > > and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

            • Herb
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 24, 2012
                there is a power point in the directory.
                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Herb" <hadulzo@...> wrote:

                > No offense but I would never present a power point that is that long.
                >
                > Herb Dulzo
                > CAC
                >
                > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "gswcpaul" <paulrhien@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Thank you so much! Your electronic .pdf BALOO Syllabus was super helpful!
                > >
                > > Paul Rhien
                > > District Director
                > > Great Southwest Council, BSA
                > >
                > > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in 3 parts in PDF
                > > >
                > > > Yours In Scouting
                > > >

                > > > Mike Crothers
                > > >

                > > > Assistant District Commissioner
                > > > Spanish Trails District
                > > > Catalina Council
                > > >

                > > > I used to be a good old Bob White NE-CS-11
                > > > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
                > > > and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

              • Michael Crothers
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 16
                  The new BALOO syllabus is avilable at Training for Adults

                  A few major points in the new BALOO syllabus

                  1.    Pack overnighters and Webelos den campouts require a BALOO-trained Scouter at the campout,.

                  2.    This new course requires an overnight campout. Starting at 8 AM Saturday to 11 AM Sunday.

                  3.    This course has 85 pages of handout for each participant.

                  4. Participants should complete the 6 on-line BALOO lessons prior to taking the practical portion. If not, a "Train" status will be withheld until the on-line portion is completed.

                  Yours In Scouting
                  Mike Crothers
                • Samuel Harley
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 17
                    Will Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders (OWL) be retained in the training repertoire?

                    Dr. Samuel F. Harley, PhD
                    Harley Science and Technology, Inc

                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 17
                      It's discription is still on the Adult Training page, but you can no longer download the syllabus

                      Yours In Scouting
                      Mike Crothers

[...]

                    • Clay Converse
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 17
                        My understanding is this replaces both of the former courses.  I was surprised they had not deleted the old OWL course yet.

                        YIS
                        Clay Converse

                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 17
                          Thanks for posting, Mike.

                          Do you know if there is a Spanish language version?

                          Yours in Scouting,

                          Rich

                          Richard F. Perlman     •    Chairman       •     Council Training Committee
                          WPC-BSA   -    Hawthorne, NY
                              E: richard@...

                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 17
                              I think that will be some sort of on-line training specific to OWL

                              Yours In Scouting
                              Mike Crothers