Re: [Scouter_T] New BALOO Syllabus

  • Michael Crothers
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
      I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in 3 parts in PDF

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      Assistant District Commissioner
      Spanish Trails District
      Catalina Council

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

      From: apatschin75 <tttrack@aol. com>
      Subject: [Scouter_T] New BALOO Syllabus
      To: scouter_t@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 1:42 PM

      I have it as a PDF file. it is 6.5mg, so it is too big to upload in
      the files section.

      If someone will tell me how, I will be happy to upload it to where
      everyone can get it!!

      Tom Travis
      Trail Quail of SE-62

    • Lady T
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
        Mike Crothers to the RESCUE!   Yay!
        Thank you!
        Trish Munsch
        Cub Scout Leader Training Chair
        Chisholm Trail District
        Capitol Area Council
        Austin TX area

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
          Have you posted it yet!
          where can i find it!
          yis
          jess schulman
          breukelen district, brooklyn,ny--- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com,
          Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@...> wrote:

          > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in
          3 parts in PDF

          > Yours In Scouting
          >

          > Mike Crothers
          >

          > Assistant District Commissioner
          > Spanish Trails District
          > Catalina Council

          > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

        • apatschin75
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
            Thanks for a little (OK, maybe a lot!!!) help from Jim Rooney, the
            syllabus can be found at:

            Posted at: http://www.pack841.com/docs/New_BALOO_Syllabus.pdf

            Tom Travis
          • Michael Crothers

              > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in
              3 parts in PDF

              > Yours In Scouting
              >

              > Mike Crothers
              >

              > Assistant District Commissioner
              > Spanish Trails District
              > Catalina Council

              > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

            • gswcpaul
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 19, 2012
                Thank you so much! Your electronic .pdf BALOO Syllabus was super helpful!

                Paul Rhien
                District Director
                Great Southwest Council, BSA

                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@...> wrote:

                > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in 3 parts in PDF
                >
                > Yours In Scouting
                >

                > Mike Crothers
                >

                > Assistant District Commissioner
                > Spanish Trails District
                > Catalina Council

                > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

              • Herb
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 23, 2012
                  No offense but I would never present a power point that is that long.

                  Herb Dulzo
                  CAC

                • ed5870@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 23, 2012
                    That's a PDF not a Power Point it is a digitized version of the syllabus.

                    Ed Harvey
                    Dutchess District Training Chair
                    Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

                    --- In _scouter_t@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com) ,
                    "gswcpaul" <paulrhien@...> wrote:

                    > Thank you so much! Your electronic .pdf BALOO Syllabus was super helpful!
                    >
                    > Paul Rhien
                    > District Director
                    > Great Southwest Council, BSA
                    >
                    > --- In _scouter_t@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com) ,
                    Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@> wrote:

                    > > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in 3
                    parts in PDF

                    > > Yours In Scouting
                    > >

                    > > Mike Crothers
                    > >

                    > > Assistant District Commissioner
                    > > Spanish Trails District
                    > > Catalina Council
                    > >

                    > > I used to be a good old Bob White NE-CS-11
                    > > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
                    > > and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

                  • Herb
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 24, 2012
                      there is a power point in the directory.
                      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Herb" <hadulzo@...> wrote:

                      > No offense but I would never present a power point that is that long.
                      >
                      > Herb Dulzo
                      > CAC
                      >
                      > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "gswcpaul" <paulrhien@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Thank you so much! Your electronic .pdf BALOO Syllabus was super helpful!
                      > >
                      > > Paul Rhien
                      > > District Director
                      > > Great Southwest Council, BSA
                      > >
                      > > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in 3 parts in PDF
                      > > >
                      > > > Yours In Scouting
                      > > >

                      > > > Mike Crothers
                      > > >

                      > > > Assistant District Commissioner
                      > > > Spanish Trails District
                      > > > Catalina Council
                      > > >

                      > > > I used to be a good old Bob White NE-CS-11
                      > > > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
                      > > > and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

                    • Michael Crothers
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 16 7:49 PM
                        The new BALOO syllabus is avilable at Training for Adults

                        A few major points in the new BALOO syllabus

                        1.    Pack overnighters and Webelos den campouts require a BALOO-trained Scouter at the campout,.

                        2.    This new course requires an overnight campout. Starting at 8 AM Saturday to 11 AM Sunday.

                        3.    This course has 85 pages of handout for each participant.

                        4. Participants should complete the 6 on-line BALOO lessons prior to taking the practical portion. If not, a "Train" status will be withheld until the on-line portion is completed.

                        Yours In Scouting
                        Mike Crothers
                      • Samuel Harley
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 17 5:16 AM
                          Will Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders (OWL) be retained in the training repertoire?

                          Dr. Samuel F. Harley, PhD
                          Harley Science and Technology, Inc

                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 17 5:23 AM
                            It's discription is still on the Adult Training page, but you can no longer download the syllabus

                            Yours In Scouting
                            Mike Crothers

[...]

                          • Clay Converse
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 17 5:42 AM
                              My understanding is this replaces both of the former courses.  I was surprised they had not deleted the old OWL course yet.

                              YIS
                              Clay Converse

                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 17 5:52 AM
                                Thanks for posting, Mike.

                                Do you know if there is a Spanish language version?

                                Yours in Scouting,

                                Rich

                                Richard F. Perlman     •    Chairman       •     Council Training Committee
                                WPC-BSA   -    Hawthorne, NY
                                    E: richard@...

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 17 6:48 AM
                                    I think that will be some sort of on-line training specific to OWL

                                    Yours In Scouting
                                    Mike Crothers