Re: [Scouter_T] New BALOO Syllabus

  • Bill LaChance
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
      Even though it is that big now, have you tried putting it in a zip file?  If this doesn't work, I'm at a loss.

      Bill LaChance, Cubmaster
      Pack #151
      Georgetown, TX
      San Gabriel District
      Capitol Area Council

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
        I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in 3 parts in PDF

        Yours In Scouting

        Mike Crothers

        Assistant District Commissioner
        Spanish Trails District
        Catalina Council

        and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
        and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
          Mike Crothers to the RESCUE!   Yay!
          Thank you!
          Trish Munsch
          Cub Scout Leader Training Chair
          Chisholm Trail District
          Capitol Area Council
          Austin TX area

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
            Have you posted it yet!
            where can i find it!
            yis
            jess schulman
            breukelen district, brooklyn,ny--- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com,
            Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@...> wrote:

            > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in
            3 parts in PDF

            > Yours In Scouting
            >

            > Mike Crothers
            >

            > Assistant District Commissioner
            > Spanish Trails District
            > Catalina Council

            > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

          • apatschin75
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 7, 2008
              Thanks for a little (OK, maybe a lot!!!) help from Jim Rooney, the
              syllabus can be found at:

              Posted at: http://www.pack841.com/docs/New_BALOO_Syllabus.pdf

              Tom Travis
            • Michael Crothers

                > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in
                3 parts in PDF

                > Yours In Scouting
                >

                > Mike Crothers
                >

                > Assistant District Commissioner
                > Spanish Trails District
                > Catalina Council

                > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

              • gswcpaul
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 19, 2012
                  Thank you so much! Your electronic .pdf BALOO Syllabus was super helpful!

                  Paul Rhien
                  District Director
                  Great Southwest Council, BSA

                  --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@...> wrote:

                  > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in 3 parts in PDF
                  >
                  > Yours In Scouting
                  >

                  > Mike Crothers
                  >

                  > Assistant District Commissioner
                  > Spanish Trails District
                  > Catalina Council

                  > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

                • Herb
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 23, 2012
                    No offense but I would never present a power point that is that long.

                    Herb Dulzo
                    CAC

                  • ed5870@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 23, 2012
                      That's a PDF not a Power Point it is a digitized version of the syllabus.

                      Ed Harvey
                      Dutchess District Training Chair
                      Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

                      --- In _scouter_t@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com) ,
                      "gswcpaul" <paulrhien@...> wrote:

                      > Thank you so much! Your electronic .pdf BALOO Syllabus was super helpful!
                      >
                      > Paul Rhien
                      > District Director
                      > Great Southwest Council, BSA
                      >
                      > --- In _scouter_t@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com) ,
                      Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@> wrote:

                      > > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in 3
                      parts in PDF

                      > > Yours In Scouting
                      > >

                      > > Mike Crothers
                      > >

                      > > Assistant District Commissioner
                      > > Spanish Trails District
                      > > Catalina Council
                      > >

                      > > I used to be a good old Bob White NE-CS-11
                      > > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
                      > > and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

                    • Herb
                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 24, 2012
                        there is a power point in the directory.
                        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Herb" <hadulzo@...> wrote:

                        > No offense but I would never present a power point that is that long.
                        >
                        > Herb Dulzo
                        > CAC
                        >
                        > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "gswcpaul" <paulrhien@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Thank you so much! Your electronic .pdf BALOO Syllabus was super helpful!
                        > >
                        > > Paul Rhien
                        > > District Director
                        > > Great Southwest Council, BSA
                        > >
                        > > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > I have just created a folder 08 Baloo Syllabus with the syllabus in 3 parts in PDF
                        > > >
                        > > > Yours In Scouting
                        > > >

                        > > > Mike Crothers
                        > > >

                        > > > Assistant District Commissioner
                        > > > Spanish Trails District
                        > > > Catalina Council
                        > > >

                        > > > I used to be a good old Bob White NE-CS-11
                        > > > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
                        > > > and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

                      • Michael Crothers
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 16
                          The new BALOO syllabus is avilable at Training for Adults

                          A few major points in the new BALOO syllabus

                          1.    Pack overnighters and Webelos den campouts require a BALOO-trained Scouter at the campout,.

                          2.    This new course requires an overnight campout. Starting at 8 AM Saturday to 11 AM Sunday.

                          3.    This course has 85 pages of handout for each participant.

                          4. Participants should complete the 6 on-line BALOO lessons prior to taking the practical portion. If not, a "Train" status will be withheld until the on-line portion is completed.

                          Yours In Scouting
                          Mike Crothers
                        • Samuel Harley
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 17
                            Will Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders (OWL) be retained in the training repertoire?

                            Dr. Samuel F. Harley, PhD
                            Harley Science and Technology, Inc

                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 17
                              It's discription is still on the Adult Training page, but you can no longer download the syllabus

                              Yours In Scouting
                              Mike Crothers

[...]

                            • Clay Converse
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 17
                                My understanding is this replaces both of the former courses.  I was surprised they had not deleted the old OWL course yet.

                                YIS
                                Clay Converse

                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 17
                                  Thanks for posting, Mike.

                                  Do you know if there is a Spanish language version?

                                  Yours in Scouting,

                                  Rich

                                  Richard F. Perlman     •    Chairman       •     Council Training Committee
                                  WPC-BSA   -    Hawthorne, NY
                                      E: richard@...

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 17
                                      I think that will be some sort of on-line training specific to OWL

                                      Yours In Scouting
                                      Mike Crothers