Re: New CS Training

  • Michael Homrighaus
    Message 1 of 54 , Jun 16, 2008
      We ran a train-the-pack-trainer session last saturday using the new
      syllabus.

      (a) We didn't fix the problem, but we had a work-around. The CD also
      has a set of all the slides in PDF format. I used acrobat to create a
      new power-point, and just copied in the pdfs. Only took about 15
      minutes...

      (b) NLE is still required, but it is listed as the last training, after:
      Fast Start (within 48 hours)
      Youth Protection (before meeting with boys the first time)
      Position Specific (the new syllabus) (as soon as practical)
      NLE (within the first year)

      Hope this helps.

      Mike Homrighaus
      District Training Chair
      Taughannock District, Baden-Powell Council
      I used to be a bobalo...
    • Alpvalsys@aol.com
      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 9, 2008
        In a message dated 9/8/2008 3:54:45 PM EDT, Tom wrote:

        Our team concluded that the new CLS syllabus is superior to the old one

        -------------------
        This was just the opposite reaction of our district training staff. One
        thing that was noted was that NLE does not come before CLS; it's in the middle.
        Also noted was that it has been dumbed down and condensed to the point of being
        nearly useless for new leaders. Our District Commissioner's opinion is that
        we should continue with the old syllabus; it makes more sense. YMMV.

        Ralph V. Balfoort, UC
        I used to be a beaver (NE III-135)
        In the Beaver Patrol as a Scout
        And still Ktemaque (Beaver) Chapter,